Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #46

Horusbennu 50mm 1.7

I have acquired this lens. It appears to have good good solid construction. When I did test shots in comparison to a Pentax -M 50mm 1:2 it showed significantly poorer resolution across the range of aperture settings. I have chosen to look for an older Pentax A or M 50mm 1.7.

02-04-2013, 03:52 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Don't know how I missed this thread. I got one of these last year. As I'm in Korea, it's slightly cheaper here. Housbennu makes a lot of stuff for Pentax. I got batteries for my K-30 for $13 give or take and a battery adapter to hold the AA batteries for $15 made by them.
I enjoyed this lens a lot. I needed a fast lens. Pictures were always crisp and clear.
Seeing this thread might make throw it on and take some pictures. Since I got my tamron 28-72 I've been shooting mostly with that...but I enjoyed that lens every time I took it out.
07-03-2013, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #48

Nice quality for the price.

This lens is solid metal build, decent quality, fully manual.

I have enjoyed it.

Filter that comes with it is crap... but who cares, it's not part of the lens anyway.

Here's a night and day pic taken with this lens.

I think it is worth the price.

Cheers :-)
Attached Images

07-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by case Quote
I have acquired this lens. It appears to have good good solid construction. When I did test shots in comparison to a Pentax -M 50mm 1:2 it showed significantly poorer resolution across the range of aperture settings. I have chosen to look for an older Pentax A or M 50mm 1.7.
I have both the Pentax A 50mm 2.0 and the Pentax M ... My Horusbennu outperforms both lenses... now mind you ... my FA 50 1.4 is now my go to for 50mm... but I still get out the Horusbennu from time to time... or put my FA on my K-5 IIs and have my Horusbennu on my K30 as a quick back up.