Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #1

Pentax Asahi SP1000 lens adapter for k mount lens??

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what I need to do.
I've had a Pentax Asahi SP1000 for about 4 years and have just used the lens that came with it...a SMC Takumar 1:2/55.

I was just recently given a beautiful Sigma 1:2.8 ~4 f= 35~70mm lens, for Pentax, with a K mount. The problem is, the lens doesn't FIT on my SP1000 body. :/
Now, I know they sell adapter rings that would probably solve this problem, but I'm very confused at the numbers and ranges and have no idea what I need to do to make it work.

Someone please help!

01-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no adaptor that can help and give you infinity focus.

The edges traction distance (lens mount to film plane) is the same for both K mount and screw mount, but the screw mount is smaller in diameter therefore there is no way to fit a bayonet in and maintain the registry distance. Tere is an adaptor that goes the other way, to mount screw mounts into K bodies. This is because the K mount is newer,
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax is known for its backwards compatibility. But unfortunately for you not for forwards compatibility. You can use your Takumar on a body made this year but k-mount will not work on a screw mount body. You could use this as an excuse to upgrade to a K-5 though. After all, you have lens that will fit it.