Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #1

Sigma 70-300mm on K20D

Hi. I have a Pentax K20D and a whole bunch of pentax and sigma lenses left to me by my grandfather. I am finally taking my first photo class to learn to actually us my camera. I have two very old 50mm lenses, one is a Pentax and does go onto the K20D but I can't take any pictures with it, even with the modes all set to manual. The other 50mm is a Cannon and I think I need an adapter (if there is one) but have no idea where to look for one. I also have a Sigma 70-300mm which does not fit onto the K20D so do I need an adapter for that too? I am not necessarily new to photography, but am new to actually wanting and needing to know what I'm doing, instead of just getting lucky Thanks!

01-17-2012, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chickenroll Quote
Hi. I have a Pentax K20D and a whole bunch of pentax and sigma lenses left to me by my grandfather. I am finally taking my first photo class to learn to actually us my camera. I have two very old 50mm lenses, one is a Pentax and does go onto the K20D but I can't take any pictures with it, even with the modes all set to manual. The other 50mm is a Cannon and I think I need an adapter (if there is one) but have no idea where to look for one. I also have a Sigma 70-300mm which does not fit onto the K20D so do I need an adapter for that too? I am not necessarily new to photography, but am new to actually wanting and needing to know what I'm doing, instead of just getting lucky Thanks!
Hello!

Here is explanation on how to use old manual lenses Shooting manual lenses on Pentax DSLRs « robertsdonovan.com (there is something similar on this forum as well).

As for your other lenses, whell firs you have to know which mount they have. Regarding the Canon, they had at least two major mounts (old FD and new EF) and neither is compatible to Pentax (at least if you want to maintain infinity focus without any corrective glass elements).
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
Absolutely what I needed to know and with pictures to make my visual mind understand. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
01-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is our article- all you need to know to use manual and m42 lenses with your camera: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Here is our article- all you need to know to use manual and m42 lenses with your camera: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html
Thanks! Very helpful information for me as a aspiring photographer :-)