Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Porst 55mm f1.2 - Need Surgery

I am the proud owner of a Porst 55mm f1.2 that I used all the times on my Kx. However, after few shots with the K5, the lens stop working. It only works wide open. I got a hold of an article posted here by a forum member and was able to open it. I found out that one small spring that closes the diaphragm broke. I have purhcased several broken lenses to canabalize them and get a spring, but none of them has one similar or close to it. I was able to put it back together and focus and shoot manually wide open on AV priority. Is there any expert in this forum to whom I can send the lens and get it fixed, maybe they have a way to get a new spring. I appreciate any help.

If you have one, beware, I think the K5 did the damage, I am not sure how. Also, if you have a broken Porst 55 f1.2 that you want to sell for parts, I am open (hopefully it is not the spring the broken piece). I have read a lot about these lenses and this seems to be the reason for them to stay wide open. In any case I am using it wide open, but miss the stop down a bit.
Pepe

01-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This isn't an article, so I'm moving it to the lens forum

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Contact Eric, I'm sure he can fix it. I just sent off my Cosina 1.2 to him to have it repaired. focus ring is spinning freely. He primarily works on Pentax gear, but will take a look at other gear.
01-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
How do I contact Eric?

01-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eric can be contacted at...
PS - he is highly recommended!!!

01-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, I did. I am waiting for his answer.:
------------
Update said that the reason for getting the diaphragm stuck is oil, so he is cleaning the oil. I sent the lens and I am waiting for it.

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 02-05-2012 at 09:36 PM.