Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Query about lens mount: Sigma 16mm Filtermatic f2.8

Hi all

A friend of mine is prepared to sell a used and quite old Sigma Filtermatic 16mm lens. This lens is from the looks of it for the M42 threaded mount. It needs an adapter to be used on my Pentax k100d or k-x. Ebay is flooded with m42 to pentax k adapters but I have a few queries in regard to it before I go in for it and they are as follows:-

1.The rear of the lens projects out to around 1.5-1.7 cms above the m42 thread mount. The adapters sold in ebay from the looks of it seem a bit lesser in thickness than this one. So there is a chance a portion of this lens might project out a bit even after the adapter is attached to it. I wish to know in a situation like this I mount it to the camera will this extra portion by any chance bang against the mirror of the camera?

2.Is it true that you cannot attain infinity focus with m42 to pentax adaptors and u need to buy those adapters which have a glass in them in order to achieve infinity focus.

3.The lens being sold to me have tiny scratches on the front and rear element. As me and my friend dont have a camera to test the only way I can at the moment check this lens is looking through it. I can see tiny amounts of dust and light scratches inside. I want to know if these will show up in my pics?

I would appreciate if any of you clarify on this. Thanks in advance.

Below is a pic of the rear side of the lens

*Update - I just found out that this lens mount is actually a T2 screw mount which is similar to m42 mount. So the above query might be irrelevant also no one seems to have replied so far. I still have some new queries and hope someone clarifies:-

1.There seem to be t2 to pentax k mount adapters available in ebay. As the flange distance between the lens and mount is more than an m42 will there be any issues such as achieving infinity focus with Pentax k100d or K-x

2.Will the field of view increase or decrease when u mount a t2 lens on to pentax mount?

Last edited by aruk5; 01-20-2012 at 07:49 AM.
01-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That extended 1.5-1.7cm piece needs to be removed, if possible, before attaching to any Pentax camera. Concerning the adapters, if you buy one without a flange it will focus to infinity. I normally take the small retaining spring off because it has a tendency to be VERY hard to remove with the tool provided with it.

I have never seen that mount before either. It may not be at all compatible with an M42 adapter on a Pentax camera if it cannot be removed.
01-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fccwpe Quote
That extended 1.5-1.7cm piece needs to be removed, if possible, before attaching to any Pentax camera. Concerning the adapters, if you buy one without a flange it will focus to infinity. I normally take the small retaining spring off because it has a tendency to be VERY hard to remove with the tool provided with it.

I have never seen that mount before either. It may not be at all compatible with an M42 adapter on a Pentax camera if it cannot be removed.
Hi

Thanks for replying. I just updated my post, This lens has a T2 screw mount which looks very similar to m42 except flange distance is more
01-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I think that lens is actually missing the mount.

01-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Yes, that looks like a T-mount lens sans the T2 mount. A T2-PK only costs a few bucks. You may have a winner!
01-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aruk5 Quote
is actually a T2 screw mount which is similar to m42 mount.
Same diameter...different thread pitch...

Steve