Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
I find that nearly all the shots I take with it are at either 16 or 45mm. I already own an FA43, so I think a wide angle prime will fit my needs a lot better. I love the photos produced by the 16-45, but I like using prime lenses better. I know I'll probably regret it...
No, you won't so long as you find a more fitting replacement or replacements.

01-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps many are enamored by f/2.8 mania to crave after the DA* 16-50. As for me I'm quite happy with the DA 16-45 for the excellent results I've got. F/4 is good in my book.

01-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Well, I am trying to decide if I should buy a 16-45mm. I dropped my kit lens in salt water the other day while shooting some sunset shots.....and I tried to clean it out but the salt solidified on the inner glass and I am not going to pay to have it taken apart and cleaned...not worth it in my opin.

So, now I am thinking the 16-45 or the 16-50...for everyday stuff I'd probably be happy with the 16-45 but I know that wedding photography is probably in my future....so the extra f/stop would help I suppose....but maybe not. I don't know how much I'd be using the wide side inside dark rooms. I'd probably be using more the 50mm f/1.4 or a 100mm f/2.8...

I really hate LBA because I don't have unlimited resources!!!! I'd like to stay with Pentax lenses if I can swing it though....

Any thoughts? Thanks!
01-11-2008, 07:04 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PaulAndAPentax Quote
I dropped my kit lens in salt water the other day while shooting some sunset shots.
QuoteQuote:
So, now I am thinking the 16-45 or the 16-50.
Paul, Don't forget that the 16-50 is a * lens. Which means that you could hose it off when salt water gets on it. I understand that the 16-45 doesn't have this weather/water proofing.

And not to mention, that you will have an extra stop of light! (and a lot more weight than the kit lens)

There are several credit card companies that would be very happy to assist you with this purchase!!

Last edited by TomInJax; 01-11-2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Added a remark.
01-11-2008, 07:12 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
Paul, Don't forget that the 16-50 is a * lens. Which means that you could hose it off when salt water gets on it. I understand that the 16-45 doesn't have this weather/water proofing.

And not to mention, that you will have an extra stop of light! (and a lot more weight than the kit lens)

There are several credit card companies that would be very happy to assist you with this purchase!!
Maybe you would hose of a DA* lens, but I'm a little skeptical..."weather-sealed" isn't really the same as "waterproof".
01-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PaulAndAPentax Quote
Well, I am trying to decide if I should buy a 16-45mm. I dropped my kit lens in salt water the other day while shooting some sunset shots.....and I tried to clean it out but the salt solidified on the inner glass and I am not going to pay to have it taken apart and cleaned...not worth it in my opin.
No, you can just sell it on ePrey as a "MINT!!! A+++***!!!" lens. Been done before, right?
01-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Yeah, not sure if it could be fully submersed like the kit lens was!!! Stupid me took it off the camera and left the Cokin filter holder on it, so it wouldn't fit in my cargo pocket all the way...and splash, it fell out when I started walking....dumb, dumb, dumb...thank god it was the cheapest lens I have and not the Bigma!

I am sure MC and VISA would love me if I bought the 16-50 and the 50-135...but, trying to stay away from them these days!
01-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #23
Veteran Member

No, you can just sell it on ePrey as a "MINT!!! A+++***!!!" lens. Been done before, right?
"ePrey" is right! I have never seen so many scams as I have lately!

Paul: In order to sell it on ePrey, you will need to use photos from Pentax's website. Never show the actual damaged lens!

01-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Well, you know I brought it home and submerged it in fresh water for a while and then got it so the focus ring would turn again...then dried it on warm in the oven....and it actually does still work....I tried some test shots and it worked but the shots were foggy...

how about this: "New DA 18-55mm Soft Focus Kit Lens".... or maybe "New DA 18-55mm Fog Filter Lens"....comes with its own built in fog filter! A+++ RARE!

01-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #25
Veteran Member

PM sent to Paul....
01-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #26
Veteran Member

PM sent to Paul....
haha you guys are funny :P