Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sorted78 Quote
Yes; this is what caused me to sell my copy.

It was a fine and very capable lens, but you need to be patient and able to take the necessary time to get the best from it. It helps if your subjects are relatively static. Most of what I shot with it were portraits of my young kids and the near impossibility of getting them to remain in position long enough to nail focus meant I hardly ever got the shot I wanted.

I've also got a DA70, which is great for candid shots and travel, but bokeh is not its strong point. I changed my Samyang for a K 85/1.8, which has a nicer feel to the focus movement, excellent bokeh, better colours and f/1.8 is plenty fast enough for me, I don't really miss f/1.4.
The K85 is also smaller and lighter isn't it?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bokeh, da, fa, has/had, k-mount, pentax lens, samyang, slr lens