Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Forum Member
mikengstrom's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 58
unbranded 85mm f2.0 on Ebay?

Hi there,

Just looking around ebay and came across this interesting looking lens and wondered if anyone had seem them or knows anything about them?

MF 85mm f2.0 Prime Lens Portrait Lens with Pentax PK Mount | eBay

01-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian
liukaitc's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,005
should be that Chinese one which was announced at 2010
http://info.cnpentax.com/the-lens-made-by-CHINA/201103/Mitakon-85mm-F2.htm

Last edited by liukaitc; 01-26-2012 at 10:37 PM.
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 394
^May be the Mitakon 85/2?
01-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,989
It's pretty cheap -- any chance it is a decent lens?

01-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Pentaxian
liukaitc's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,005
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
It's pretty cheap -- any chance it is a decent lens?
well, there are many sample on Chinese site..

for example..
http://www.cnpentax.com/viewthread.php?tid=1486&extra=&page=1

but if u do not understand Chinese, U do not know what they are saying...
01-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian
liukaitc's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,005
and also sample in english site
Mitakon MC 85mm F2 Made in China
01-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 416
Like to find out if it is any good.My grandson is in China occasionally for work and may be able to buy one there cheaply if so.
Jake
01-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Laurentiu Cristofor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,044
It's the Mitakon 85/2 all right. A good lens - worth buying, although the Samyang 85/1.4 at double the price and size is a better lens overall (much better coatings, plus it is faster). But if you can afford both, the Mitakon is a great compact portrait lens.

01-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Laurentiu Cristofor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,044
QuoteOriginally posted by liukaitc Quote
should be that Chinese one which was announced at 2010
Mitakon(
Interesting, they made a silver one too!

QuoteOriginally posted by mikengstrom Quote
Hi there,

Just looking around ebay and came across this interesting looking lens and wondered if anyone had seem them or knows anything about them?

MF 85mm f2.0 Prime Lens Portrait Lens with Pentax PK Mount | eBay
BTW, I got mine from the same seller - good reliable seller. It's nice to see it back in their listings - it disappeared for a while - probably sold out.
01-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,314
note this lens comes in K mount but without aperture lever, which means it works like an M42 lens.

relitively cheap but..... i would take a tak 1.8/1.9 over this any day.
01-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #11
New Member
Rod67's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: East of France : Alsace
Posts: 11
I prefer the Tak 1.8/85mm instead.
01-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NewYork
Posts: 899
I'm still an amateur and would be the first to ask if this lens is good or how do these lenses compare (gaining experience slowly) but even to me some of the pictures from that lens look bad. Considering it's all manual, I would consider what is available used. Good quality used manual lenses can be had pretty cheap compared new lenses.
01-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #13
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Didn't this lens come in an "A" variety a while ago? Have they changed it to a simpler design or is this old stock? Any ideas if the "A" version is still out there available?
01-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Laurentiu Cristofor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,044
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
note this lens comes in K mount but without aperture lever, which means it works like an M42 lens.

relitively cheap but..... i would take a tak 1.8/1.9 over this any day.
That is not true. It is actually an A lens, so it works better than Takumars or K/M lenses.
01-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Laurentiu Cristofor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,044
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
I'm still an amateur and would be the first to ask if this lens is good or how do these lenses compare (gaining experience slowly) but even to me some of the pictures from that lens look bad. Considering it's all manual, I would consider what is available used. Good quality used manual lenses can be had pretty cheap compared new lenses.
It is a very good lens. Here is my review:

Mitakon 85/2 review

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Didn't this lens come in an "A" variety a while ago? Have they changed it to a simpler design or is this old stock? Any ideas if the "A" version is still out there available?
What makes you think that it doesn't anymore - even the pictures in the listing show the A position. The aperture lever does not show clearly in the pic, but it's there. Ask the seller if you have doubts.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
ebay, f2.0, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ebay = Pentax M Lens Set - Lot of 7 - 20mm,35mm,40mm,50mm,85mm,100mm,135mm kaiserz Pentax Price Watch 2 01-22-2012 09:05 AM
Odd camdiox 85mm f2 ebay lens ytterbium Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 08-16-2011 09:06 AM
A* 85mm on ebay LFLee Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 22 10-08-2010 11:20 PM
Super Tak 85mm on Ebay ... what have I done?!? sameagle Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 58 05-11-2010 12:22 PM
Don't bid on an 85mm 1.9 now on eBay Ira Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 27 04-16-2010 05:59 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top