Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #1

Is this K mount?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

hard to see anything in these pics but i just feel like its PKA mount. All the other lens she has up are minolta though so any help is very welcome

SEARS 135 mm Camera Lens | eBay

01-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It says KR on the aperture ring, so I would suppose so (also means it's got the dreaded Ricoh pin). However, I would ask the seller for a pic of the mount if you're actually interested in it, just to be sure.

Sears 135mm F/2.8 With Macro Zone Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
your the best thanks
01-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Can't see the mount in the pictures, it's capped, but I doubt it's a K mount. All the other lenses the seller is offering are Minolta.

01-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Looks to me like the 135 is a KA mount. Also the "Sears" 60-300 and the "Sears" camera are probably K or KA mount. The rest are that other brand.
01-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm kind of curious why it sold for so much? 135mm 2.8 lenses are a dime a dozen (worth less just because there are so many used ones out there just like some of the 50mm kit lenses). I don't know anything about that particular lens but made in Korea would leed me to believe its not a top notch lens either (there are exceptions of course and I havent researched that particular lens). It seems plenty in that mount have sold much cheaper too. I guess thats ebay for you.
01-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #7

Original Poster
Grrrrr who snagged it from me

01-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Classico Quote
Grrrrr who snagged it from me
Don't worry about it. Like ripit says, there's plenty of them out there for cheap.
01-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #9

Original Poster
I have not seen alot of the PKA ones on the Bay but I been thinking about picking one up after looking at some shots by others seems like it would be fun to have
01-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Re: the lens in question -- It's definitely KR aka KAR mount, not Minolta. I had a copy of this and it only had the non-bothersome Ricoh nub, not the toxic pin, but other copies may indeed have the pin. The sales price of this one is not totally nutz -- I sold my copy last year for US$31 and the buyer expressed great delight with its optics. That's my story and I'll stick with it.
01-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Pentaxian

'A' makes it worth more.
01-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Re: the lens in question -- It's definitely KR aka KAR mount, not Minolta.
Not always KAR (could be simply KR with no A contacts), though based on the aperture ring markings "(A)P", I would suspect that both Ricoh and Pentax systems were supported. This arrangement was common at one point and the Ricoh "pin" was often enough a fairly innocuous ball-knub that is pretty compatible with Pentax AF bodies.

Steve
01-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Re: the lens in question -- It's definitely KR aka KAR mount, not Minolta. I had a copy of this and it only had the non-bothersome Ricoh nub, not the toxic pin, but other copies may indeed have the pin. The sales price of this one is not totally nutz -- I sold my copy last year for US$31 and the buyer expressed great delight with its optics. That's my story and I'll stick with it.
I'm just curious, how was the build quality?
01-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
I'm just curious, how was the build quality?
Build was excellent, made by Samsung Samyang, just a Ricoh nub, easy close-focus transition. I sold it because it showed more PF than I liked but the buyer was happy, said it was very sharp.

Last edited by RioRico; 01-29-2012 at 01:03 AM.
01-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Build was excellent, made by Samsung, just a Ricoh nub, easy close-focus transition. I sold it because it showed more PF than I liked but the buyer was happy, said it was very sharp.
I wasn't aware that any of the major Japanese companies (at least with older manual lenses) made lenses in China, Korea etc. You learn something new every day around here. Of course these days its more common to have non Japanese plants. I came close to finding a good korean one (not that I have had many Korean lenses at all). It is a kalimar 35-70mm 2.8 constant )actually I have 2 but one is dead). Image quality is surprisingly good but build quality is crap.