Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RickyFromVegas Quote
I want this lens
You can find them on Ebay, just search for Photosniper. I've heard the older models are better, the ones that say Made in USSR on the lens bezel.

02-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Couple more shots from today using the Tair 3 300mm F4.5 Preset. Just a couple of photos taken out in my sandblasting yard.

03-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Looks a good lens and your shots are excellent.

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum focus distance on a Tair 3?
03-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Looks a good lens and your shots are excellent.

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum focus distance on a Tair 3?
Mine was on the desk, and on the barrel it says 2.2 meters. Which after a bit of 'research and testing' ( there's a tape measure in the clutter on my desk as well ) seems to be right.

The ducks are easy targets, and I had the Tair out the other day.

Last edited by Lloydy; 03-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.
01-27-2013, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #35

Tair3s + Fotosnaiper - Quick, easy & smart adaptation to Pentax K-5

have a look at these photos :

1) buy a contact push button, ( on/out)
2) buy the wired remote cable with a 2,5' mâle jack,
3) screw the button at the place shown on the picture ( enlarge the original hole with drill)
4) slide the cable through the clamping screw,
5) weld the 2 coloured wires together on the contactor and the copper (mass) on the other one,
6) bent the 2 connectors inside the supporting ring , so you get a flat surface .
Attached Images

03-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #36

Photos: Albums
is it possible to add a m42/p-k adapter to the lens (not the camera)?
03-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine is the Brussels Grand Prix version.The 448th one off the line. Evidently a prototype.

This is a M39 SLR thread mount with a M42 adapter ring.

Built like a tank. A lethal weapon IMO.

03-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #38
Forum Member

I have a similar set-up! Also with electric trigger wiring the stock trigger to my K5! And it works. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/50945-diy-make-cable-release-your-k10d.html Very cool if you use it together with continuous shooting mode. Mark the lens with "Photo Only" when using it around people.

One small issue though - can't seem to reach infinity focus - the moon is just too far away. Could it be the microscopic difference in flange-film distance between M42 and K? (I have an original Pentax M42 adapter.)
03-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JohntheThird Quote
I have a similar set-up! Also with electric trigger wiring the stock trigger to my K5! And it works. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/50945-diy-make-cable-release-your-k10d.html Very cool if you use it together with continuous shooting mode. Mark the lens with "Photo Only" when using it around people.

One small issue though - can't seem to reach infinity focus - the moon is just too far away. Could it be the microscopic difference in flange-film distance between M42 and K? (I have an original Pentax M42 adapter.)
There are a few tricks to adjusting infinity depending on which model you have -- sounds like you have the sniper model?
03-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #40
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
There are a few tricks to adjusting infinity depending on which model you have -- sounds like you have the sniper model?
Yes, model Tair 3 PhS. I believe it is part of the FS-3 set with the Zenit ES camera. I have tried to scratch off some paint off the ring to make the lens go closer to the sensor, but this modification is quite permanent.

Any tips are welcome.
03-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JohntheThird Quote
Yes, model Tair 3 PhS. I believe it is part of the FS-3 set with the Zenit ES camera. I have tried to scratch off some paint off the ring to make the lens go closer to the sensor, but this modification is quite permanent.

Any tips are welcome.
I have not actual experience with that lens, but I was looking up how to adjust infinity on the Grand Prix style model so I ran across some advice on the other models as well. So this comes second-hand, but apparently you can loosen or remove the big silver focus knob with the four (fairly large) screws holding it on and then reposition the lens so infinity is in the proper place. (Or you would set the lens at current infinity, loosen the knob, and then reposition the *knob* so that it was backed off from infinity somewhat and then retighten it -- now you have a little bit extra to turn before reaching stop.) It depends on whether the stop being reached is on the lens or the knob, but if you can move one without moving the other when loosened, you should be able to figure it out.

Also read that if you still can't reach it, you may have to loosen the ring that says "made in USSR" which prevents it from going farther -- you'll need a tiny screwdriver for that.