Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
Pentaxian
Colorado CJ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,272
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RickyFromVegas Quote
I want this lens
You can find them on Ebay, just search for Photosniper. I've heard the older models are better, the ones that say Made in USSR on the lens bezel.

02-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
Pentaxian
Colorado CJ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,272
Original Poster
Couple more shots from today using the Tair 3 300mm F4.5 Preset. Just a couple of photos taken out in my sandblasting yard.





03-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #33
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,576
Looks a good lens and your shots are excellent.

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum focus distance on a Tair 3?
03-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #34
Veteran Member
Lloydy's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 1,114
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Looks a good lens and your shots are excellent.

Out of curiosity, what's the minimum focus distance on a Tair 3?
Mine was on the desk, and on the barrel it says 2.2 meters. Which after a bit of 'research and testing' ( there's a tape measure in the clutter on my desk as well ) seems to be right.

The ducks are easy targets, and I had the Tair out the other day.




Last edited by Lloydy; 03-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.
01-27-2013, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #35
New Member
oppenjack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Tair3s + Fotosnaiper - Quick, easy & smart adaptation to Pentax K-5

have a look at these photos :

1) buy a contact push button, ( on/out)
2) buy the wired remote cable with a 2,5' mÔle jack,
3) screw the button at the place shown on the picture ( enlarge the original hole with drill)
4) slide the cable through the clamping screw,
5) weld the 2 coloured wires together on the contactor and the copper (mass) on the other one,
6) bent the 2 connectors inside the supporting ring , so you get a flat surface .
Attached Images
       
03-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #36
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 188
is it possible to add a m42/p-k adapter to the lens (not the camera)?
03-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
Veteran Member
jhaji's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 425
Mine is the Brussels Grand Prix version.The 448th one off the line. Evidently a prototype.



This is a M39 SLR thread mount with a M42 adapter ring.

Built like a tank. A lethal weapon IMO.
03-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #38
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 94
I have a similar set-up! Also with electric trigger wiring the stock trigger to my K5! And it works. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/50945-diy-make-cable-release-your-k10d.html Very cool if you use it together with continuous shooting mode. Mark the lens with "Photo Only" when using it around people.

One small issue though - can't seem to reach infinity focus - the moon is just too far away. Could it be the microscopic difference in flange-film distance between M42 and K? (I have an original Pentax M42 adapter.)

03-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,989
QuoteOriginally posted by JohntheThird Quote
I have a similar set-up! Also with electric trigger wiring the stock trigger to my K5! And it works. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/50945-diy-make-cable-release-your-k10d.html Very cool if you use it together with continuous shooting mode. Mark the lens with "Photo Only" when using it around people.

One small issue though - can't seem to reach infinity focus - the moon is just too far away. Could it be the microscopic difference in flange-film distance between M42 and K? (I have an original Pentax M42 adapter.)
There are a few tricks to adjusting infinity depending on which model you have -- sounds like you have the sniper model?
03-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #40
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 94
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
There are a few tricks to adjusting infinity depending on which model you have -- sounds like you have the sniper model?
Yes, model Tair 3 PhS. I believe it is part of the FS-3 set with the Zenit ES camera. I have tried to scratch off some paint off the ring to make the lens go closer to the sensor, but this modification is quite permanent.

Any tips are welcome.
03-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #41
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,989
QuoteOriginally posted by JohntheThird Quote
Yes, model Tair 3 PhS. I believe it is part of the FS-3 set with the Zenit ES camera. I have tried to scratch off some paint off the ring to make the lens go closer to the sensor, but this modification is quite permanent.

Any tips are welcome.
I have not actual experience with that lens, but I was looking up how to adjust infinity on the Grand Prix style model so I ran across some advice on the other models as well. So this comes second-hand, but apparently you can loosen or remove the big silver focus knob with the four (fairly large) screws holding it on and then reposition the lens so infinity is in the proper place. (Or you would set the lens at current infinity, loosen the knob, and then reposition the *knob* so that it was backed off from infinity somewhat and then retighten it -- now you have a little bit extra to turn before reaching stop.) It depends on whether the stop being reached is on the lens or the knob, but if you can move one without moving the other when loosened, you should be able to figure it out.

Also read that if you still can't reach it, you may have to loosen the ring that says "made in USSR" which prevents it from going farther -- you'll need a tiny screwdriver for that.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, kit, lens, pentax lens, photos, setup, slr lens, stock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Scored a Spotmatic Colorado CJ Pentax Film SLR Discussion 7 12-27-2011 02:33 PM
Just scored a A*300mm f4 bdery Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 12-14-2011 11:17 AM
Just Scored a Pentax M 50mm 1.7! Colorado CJ Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 31 09-10-2011 09:28 AM
Just scored on ShopGoodwill Docrwm Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 23 07-31-2011 05:00 PM
Macro Scored Some........... eaglem Post Your Photos! 3 04-02-2011 12:24 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top