Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Albinar Lens Stuck on my Pentax K2000

I purchased an Albinar ADG 2.8mm Micro lens from Goodwill the other day. I put it on my Pentax K2000, and it seems like it just sucked the lens in. I did not screw it in like my Pentax lenses, it just went on. And now, I can't get it off. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get it off, or will I have to take it to a shop. I'm a little nervous because the one shop I took it to was scared to touch it. The sales person/repair man did say it's going to probably cost me a nice amount of money because the camera will have to be taken apart and fixed because some pins or something have probably been bent.

Please, any ideas, suggestions and knowledge you all can share is greatly accepted and appreciated.

01-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Google "Ricoh pin fix". Might help.
01-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. I'll try that!
01-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That sucks. I hope you can fix it yourself.

I'm just wondering why the first thing that popped in my head was "Wow that's like getting a one night stand with a cheap girl and getting STD after..." sorry...

wish you the best.

02-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
kaiserz, the first thing that popped in my head after reading your post is why a "senior member" of the forum is not able to give a comment that is helpful rather crude and demeaning.

Thank you rpamar for your very helpful suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I would suggest shipping the assembly off to Eric Hendrickson. Very good and reasonable.

E mail him for a quote.

pentaxrepairs@aol.com
02-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TeddyRoll Quote
kaiserz, the first thing that popped in my head after reading your post is why a "senior member" of the forum is not able to give a comment that is helpful rather crude and demeaning.

Thank you rpamar for your very helpful suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My apologies sir, I didn't mean to post an "unrefined" post. I hope this didn't offend you in any way. Also if you look closer on my "information" it is going to state that I've only joined this forum last Nov of 2011, but my post count is over 150 thus making me a "senior" member. But I do think that being a "senior" member doesn't matter, because we're just talking about the number of posts here, and not the years of experience.

And for this I'm going to write a note to myself to refrain from being "unrefined", "crude", and "demeaning" or what I call "true to myself". I have to keep in mind that there are "Mature" people here in the forums and therefore I have to be serious and not joke around. Kaiserz's refrain from any mischievous comments.

Once again, my sincere apologies.

02-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are we sure this is a "Ricoh Pin" issue? Does the lens have PK-R or KR on the aperture ring anywhere? Maybe this is not a Pentax mount at all. The description of the act of the mounting is a bit vague.
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #9

Original Poster
Apologies accepted. I just find it so interesting that people are so quick to write what's on their minds in forums and social media sites without consideration to how they come off.

Having said that, maybe if we had known one another in the forum that would have made a difference...maybe. LOL!

Last edited by TeddyRoll; 02-02-2012 at 10:23 PM.
02-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks Nowhere Matt. It is a KR lens mount.

But, I followed the directions from rparmar and now the lens has been removed from my camera. I tested my pentax lenses and they all work fine. No damage!!!

The Albinar lens is pretty good, but definitely not great. It is a macro lens, but a lot of light is needed. The pictures don't come out that clear. But being and artist that likes to experiment, I think I may be able to find a use for it and save looking for an aged preset in photoshop or lightroom because it's already there with this lens.

And, now I know better than to put a lens on my camera without know a bit about it.

Thanks rparmar!!!!

Last edited by TeddyRoll; 02-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.
02-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But, I followed the directions from rparmar and now the lens has been removed from my camera. I tested my pentax lenses and they all work fine. No damage!!!
Great to hear!
02-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Apologies accepted. I just find it so interesting that people are so quick to write what's on their minds in forums and social media sites without consideration to how they come off.

Having said that, maybe if we had known one another in the forum that would have made a difference...maybe. LOL!
To be honest I'm like this in real life. But then again I spend my time with a younger age group of 21 - 24 and they won't think that this is offensive in anyway. I don't know why you got offended but I guess everyone has their own perspective/opinion on things. And also maybe being active on a sportsbike / jujitsu forum I just got used to the way they post, and didn't think that this will be deemed as "crude and demeaning".

And also kind sir, I would like to thank you for reminding me that this is the internet, where young and old people with different views and beliefs hang around.