Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Long shot: Mamiya lens adaptor

My dad has some old mamiya lenses (to fit the ZE) and I really want to find a way to attach them to my K10D. Obviously i've tried Googling various terms but have come up with nothing. I'm just hoping there might be someone out there who has come across a way to do this?

thanks,
tom

12-31-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Zörk Mount adapters

Start here - it looks like it can be done. I found this by Googling "mamiya ze to pentax lens adapter"
12-31-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks, but even if they make what i want (i can't really tell from the product catalogue), have you seen their prices?! Sure, i'd love to use the mamiya lenses i have, but i'm a student!... lol
12-31-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelpruner Quote
My dad has some old mamiya lenses (to fit the ZE) and I really want to find a way to attach them to my K10D. Obviously i've tried Googling various terms but have come up with nothing. I'm just hoping there might be someone out there who has come across a way to do this?
Hi Tom and happy new year!

You will commonly find on the web adapters designed to allow medium format Mamiya lenses to be mounted on small format DSLRs. They won't accept the lenses designed for the Mamiya ZE. The Mamiya ZE was a 35mm camera which used the now defunct Mamiya E/EF bayonet mount, which had a diameter and registration distance very similar to the Pentax K mount. As there are no adapters to mount Mamiya E/EF lenses on a Pentax K or M42 camera, maybe you could try very carefully to mount the lens directly on your Pentax K body to see if it fits. Old Nikkor lenses fit directly into the Pentax K bayonet without the need of any adapter. Maybe this will be the case with the Mamiya E/EF bayonet, which seems to be very similar to the Pentax K mount.

Cheers!

Abbazz

01-01-2008, 05:43 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Abbazz,
happy new year to you too! and thanks, but sadly they don't fit. You're right - they're a very similar diameter, and the lenses almost sit in the mount bracket a teeny bit so you can rotate them round. sadly they won't attach to a useable extent. i think it may be the positioning/size of the wingy bits (excuse my use of technical language!) rather than the lenses' diameter.