Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #331
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rtpguy Quote
With the pricing changes (e.g. DA* 60-250 and others almost doubling in price), how many have gone from 'interested and had plans to purchase' to 'who cares'?
Good point, not much good looking forward to new lenses we can't afford. I see my money going to Sigma for the forseeable future, unless the Pentax prices come back to where they were last week.

04-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #332
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rtpguy Quote
With the new pricing, how many actually still care about the new roadmap?
I'm still interested in the 1.4 TC. If it provides better IQ than cropping and is not much more $500, I will consider it. Some of the other lenses on the roadmap that intrigued me, such as the 560/5.8, the ~16-80/4, the ~12-38, the limited zoom, were probably, on the old prices, more than I would be willing to pay, although if any of them had really been off-the-charts outstanding, I might have considered purchasing them. With the new prices, I don't think I would be inclined to buy any of them, no matter how outstanding, unless there's some sort of significant rebate to take the sting out of the high prices.