Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Forum Member

Does anyone know this Tak?

Hey fellow Pentaxians. I have been on a furious search of a lens I saw in the marketplace a few months back. Have not been able to find it ever since and was wondering if any fellow Pentaxian would know the lens I am talking about.

I have ravaged the lens database like a wild man searching for this lens but have yet to find it. But I also know that sometimes there are different variations of a lens correct?

If anyone has time to help me hunt for the lens, here is what I remember.

-It was an older manual lens.
-I believe that it was a Takumar
-Longer focal length then 50mm but shorter than 200mm I think it was 135mm? It definitely had a longer body than 50mm
-The grip looked rubber like. looked almost similar to the DA 18-135mm WR. Where it has a bunch of tiny dots? instead of the usual metal straight lines on the Takumars.

Does anyone know which lens this is? Is this even enough info to hunt for a lens?

Thanks!

02-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Sounds like one of these! Both are listed here:
Pentax Non-SMC Pentax Prime Lense Lens Reviews and Specifications - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Aha, I am not going to lie Adam. That was the first one I looked at too. I also vaguely remember looking at that lens when I saw the one I am talking about for reviews. I think this might be the one? But the grip was alot finer. It was basically like the DA 18-135mm WR
02-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This fine? The last line of SMC Takumars had grips that looked like these, and we don't have photos of all the variants, so it may well be the the case that you're just not recognizing it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Awe darn. Thanks for that info. Probably is the case. It is most likely one of the 135mm you linked before. Just a different variation.

That sucks. Probably go one a search for different variations of that 135mm, Thanks for the info Adam!
02-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

I have that identical 135mm Tak (the one Adam posted) ...mine looks brand new also. I always loved the build quality and have used it a few times on various bodies. The IQ is decent, and gets better as you stop down, although it is not as stellar as some of the older 135MM lenses I have read of.
Maybe I will try it out on myK5?

Best Regards!
02-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Would caution though that there are Takumars and then, there are Takumars. The "real" deal were made for M42 screw mount and Pentax 6x7 bayonet. The "pretenders" were a line of budget lenses in Pentax-K mount labeled "Takumar (Bayonet)". The latter are not to be confused with the former. It is not that the Takumar (Bayonet) lenses are particularly bad...they are about the same quality as an Albinar, Focal, or JC Penny of the same vintage. The point is that they are not as good as the earlier M42 lenses or the Pentax-K, -M, or -A lenses that were on the market at the same time. I would not pay a premium price for the Takumar name on those K-mount lenses. A similar vintage Vivitar or Tamron or regular Pentax is a much better value.

Steve