Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #46

Original Poster
Well guys I went for the Ricoh Rikenon in the end - managed to win it for 41 aussie dollars which I'm quite happy with - what do you think?

Probably will give the Chinon a miss and lookout for a 24mm or 28mm next

Cheers

Alex

02-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Seems there are a few different versions of this lens (xr, p, m42, the one I got possibly being a p or a 4th). While the xr seems to have the most praise, all seem to have lots of good comments about them (and all seem to have the occasional its just ok comment). Yours seems to be the same version I have and if its as good as mine, I think you will be happy. I suspect regardless which version you get it will be a decent lens. Let us know when you get it.
As far as price, it seems kind of expensive for one to me, but then again, I don't know the value of the dollar or the market there, but seem to recall every thing being quite a bit more expensive. Perhaps someone else with one can give an opinion or tell if it is the p version (the p version in the review here seems different).
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #48

Original Poster
Thanks ripit - I think the one I got is the p one - its the plastic one rather than metal apparently. I think you're right it probably was a little pricey but according to the ebay auction it is in mint 'as new' condition which is amazing for a lens of that age. Should turn up next week so ill let you know what its like
02-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #49

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sharepointalex Quote
Thanks ripit - I think the one I got is the p one - its the plastic one rather than metal apparently. I think you're right it probably was a little pricey but according to the ebay auction it is in mint 'as new' condition which is amazing for a lens of that age. Should turn up next week so ill let you know what its like
Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know I got the Rikenon through a couple of weeks back and I'm very impressed with it so far!

It produces strong colours and good contrast and it's getting easier to manual focus now, pretty handy that the camera still beeps to tell you it's in focus.

Have taken lots of shots with it up in Cairns this week. The only downside is is that the camera can't read what aperture the lens is using and store this in the EXIF data. Anyone know a way round this? Assuming you can tell the aperture by reading the histogram??

Cheers

Alex