Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gtl Quote
Very interesting lens for the new K-01. Best of both worlds IMO, with the ability to use older K mount lenses and new compact lenses created for it.
The Russian Pentax forum is discussing now that it might even fit into regular APS-C DSLR with very minimal clearance.

02-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
The Russian Pentax forum is discussing now that it might even fit into regular APS-C DSLR with very minimal clearance.
Could the new lens be mounted on a K-5 with mirror lock-up and live-view engaged?

G
02-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by garethwebber Quote
Could the new lens be mounted on a K-5 with mirror lock-up and live-view engaged?

G
Probably but too bad if the mirror flops down.
02-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Any rumors about focal lenght and aperture speed? This lens is not in roadmap.

it seems to me it's retro focal lens ~ 12 mm.
DA50/1.8 that looks like a bigger DA35.

02-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #35
Veteran Member

This thread needs images:

smc PENTAX-DA 50mm f/1.8

smc PENTAX-DA 560mm f/5.6 (tentative)

smc PENTAX-D FA645 90mm f/2.8 (tentative)
02-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garethwebber Quote

G
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Probably but too bad if the mirror flops down.
I imagine if the protuding rear element really would damage a mirror the XS series would need some sort of delimiter to prevent mounting to a traditional K-mount (cameras with a mirror box). Something like a tab that only fits in a slot on the K-01 mount.

Looking at the mount on the K-01 images I don't see anything.

Alternatively the pin-outs could have a control to prevent mirror movement for dSLR's but how could the lens mount prevent use on a mechanical camera?

Unless we hear / see otherwise my money is on compatibility.
02-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
I'm wondering if the 560mm could be related to the Pentax 75 SDHF telescope?

Pentax Eyepieces and Telescopes
Good catch, Steinbeck! Even if the optical design isn't the same (the 75SDHF is 500m f/6.7) it's likely that they are using the same tube, helicoid, paint, and (let's hope) focus limiter. That would make it a very cheap way to hit the long end from a production and parts standpoint, and shows that Ricoh is intent on producing K-mount lenses.

That telescope is also ~$1400 USD (but only sold in Japan?), with APO glass and a field flattener, which bodes well for the price of this new DA 560mm! Of course, I have no idea how much they need to change to get from f/6.7 to 5.6 in a smaller image circle, but let's hope that it isn't $1000 worth of extra bits!

02-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
This thread needs images:

smc PENTAX-DA 50mm f/1.8

smc PENTAX-DA 560mm f/5.6 (tentative)

smc PENTAX-D FA645 90mm f/2.8 (tentative)
Are these pictures real?

I like the "look" of the 560/5.6 lens (a "DA"), if that is going to be the real thing.

Cheers.

JP
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #39

DA-560mm F5.6 has me in two minds.

One going : Wow a modern replacement for the Pentax FA-600mm F4.0

The other: Ahh sh_t ,its gonna cost a bomb and its not a f4.0 and I'ld rather pay good money for a super-zoom 200-500 F4.5-6.0

So not super excited... but its great to see some new lenses.

Most Pentax lenses are pretty good (okay the 18-250WR wasn't) so roll on the reviews....
02-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
Why not an autofocus version of the A* 600 f5.6? Odd that they're using 560mm unless it's an update of the 400 f4 with a permanently attached 1.4 TC? That does work out to 560mm f 5.6. The only thing is the only 400mm f4 lenses I know of is the 67 M*, and a Super Tak. Interesting...
I have the latest Takumar version of the non IF model and I use it with a 1.4x-L k mount rear converter giving me the 560mm f5.6 and it is useable for sure but I don't think they would use that same formula for the APS-C version of the lens. That is just speculation though as I have no real idea about optical formulas and the math that goes into it.

I really want that new lens though, with a good 1.4x converter you can get out there pretty far if you need too!

Last edited by littledrawe; 02-08-2012 at 10:20 PM.
02-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
It will be interesting to see what this does to the value of the Pentax-A* 600/f.5.6 on the second hand market.
I hope it drives it down, WAY DOWN!! I would still like to have one of these too, maybe the 600mm could have the 1.4x-L glued to the back of it since it renders it MF anyway and the 560mm could remain autofocus.
02-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I imagine if the protuding rear element really would damage a mirror the XS series would need some sort of delimiter to prevent mounting to a traditional K-mount (cameras with a mirror box). Something like a tab that only fits in a slot on the K-01 mount.

Looking at the mount on the K-01 images I don't see anything.

Alternatively the pin-outs could have a control to prevent mirror movement for dSLR's but how could the lens mount prevent use on a mechanical camera?

Unless we hear / see otherwise my money is on compatibility.
Unless it's a mechanical device I would not trust it.
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
I hope it drives it down, WAY DOWN!! I would still like to have one of these too, maybe the 600mm could have the 1.4x-L glued to the back of it since it renders it MF anyway and the 560mm could remain autofocus.
We'll see how many elements the 560 has. Don't get me wrong, I expect the 560 to be a terrific lens, but it may be geared for the mass market, which is why it is not a DA*. If that is the case, there is still room for Pentax to release a * series lens in the future. If that is the case, I would expect the A* to drop, but not by that much. We'll see shortly
02-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
We'll see how many elements the 560 has. Don't get me wrong, I expect the 560 to be a terrific lens, but it may be geared for the mass market, which is why it is not a DA*. If that is the case, there is still room for Pentax to release a * series lens in the future. If that is the case, I would expect the A* to drop, but not by that much. We'll see shortly
There seem to be quite a few off the A* 600/5.6 around or else everyone that owns own is on this forum. Certainly I have one, but I don't see myself parting with it although I may just buy this new 560 anyway. the spec that got my attention immediately was the APS-C size. I'd inclined to keep big bertha around just in case Pentax decided to hit the market with a FF. Until recently I have been fairly convinced that they never would, (the trends are towards smaller not larger), but then they announce all these lenses in in the 50mm focal length range, and I see a bit of a disconnect---the lens makers grindingout designs for FF while the body makers are making APS-.c

I don't really like the 5/6 speed. I was truely hoping that it would beat that by half a stop.
02-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Here's hoping that the 560mm is just the start!

I am going to get one when it becomes available. Once they bring out faster * versions I will get them too...