Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless you feel the need to support Ken Rockwell's growing family, I would disregard his review.
Canon adapters seem to degrade lens performance,
and I've certainly been very well impressed with the SL2 90/3.5 on the K-x.
It's like a compact and sharp Pentax Limited lens.

02-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
What happened to Zeiss? Did they stop making lenses too? Cosina is making everything?
Zeiss still makes lenses, just not for some lines. Cosina makes the Zeiss 35mm/APS-C SLR lenses and lenses for M-mount rangefinders. In the past, Kyocera made the Zeiss lenses for Contax SLR cameras so this outsourcing is nothing new.

Steve
02-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Unless you feel the need to support Ken Rockwell's growing family, I would disregard his review.
Canon adapters seem to degrade lens performance,
and I've certainly been very well impressed with the SL2 90/3.5 on the K-x.
It's like a compact and sharp Pentax Limited lens.
With my normal attention to detail, I forgot to post the link I had commented upon. And, I am in no way disparaging the Voigtlander line. I am still interested in the 90mm but the darned new management at Ricoh-Pentax leads me to believe I'll have to have some $$$ on hand soon for their stuff. What holds me back is whether I can justify the cost for this lens when I have both AF & M lenses which do the job for less. However, the pricing at this site (http://www.buyonsalecheap.com/voigtlander-90mm-f35-sl-ii-apolanthar-for-pentax_p469.html) is very tempting.
02-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Look at the fake slabbed coins they make in China. They fool the experts. China fakes everything.

Fake PCGS Slabs - Diagnostics for Counterfeit PCGS Holders
Never tried a coin on my camera - how do they work. China does not copy everything *rolls eyes*

Coins / historical artifacts etc. are huge business in China and hence have a huge market. And they are far easier to make than a lens !

02-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
With my normal attention to detail, I forgot to post the link I had commented upon. And, I am in no way disparaging the Voigtlander line. I am still interested in the 90mm but the darned new management at Ricoh-Pentax leads me to believe I'll have to have some $$$ on hand soon for their stuff. What holds me back is whether I can justify the cost for this lens when I have both AF & M lenses which do the job for less. However, the pricing at this site (Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 SL II APO-Lanthar for Pentax) is very tempting.
There's a 90/3.5 SL I in Pentax mount available in my local camera mall. Sellin for $450. I have offered them US$330 a few times but they just laugh
02-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #36
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
There's a 90/3.5 SL I in Pentax mount available in my local camera mall. Sellin for $450. I have offered them US$330 a few times but they just laugh
Googled the website. Scam alert. Went to it. Indication of accepting PayPay, Google check-out, major cards but theses were not active links, just logos. Forget I even mentioned it!
02-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Steve Gandy has some copies of the K-mount Lanthar 90/3.5 SL I for sale, $599:
FOR SALE
(scroll way down, or search for "super sharp")

02-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Steve Gandy has some copies of the K-mount Lanthar 90/3.5 SL I for sale, $599:
FOR SALE
(scroll way down, or search for "super sharp")
Yeah...he has been trying to sell his stock of the 90/3.5 for some time. The problem with the 90/3.5 is that it is relatively slow at that focal length and was totally upstaged by the 125/2.5 Macro. (Wish to this day that I had bit the bullet and bought the 125/2.5 when they were still available at "bargain" retail pricing!)

Steve
02-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The problem with the 90/3.5 is that it is relatively slow at that focal length and was totally upstaged by the 125/2.5 Macro.
Depends what you're looking for.
Many of us appreciate the light weight and compactness of the 90/3.5.
It's a similar philosophy to the Pentax Limited lenses.