Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #1

Broken lens, please please help.

I have just been given a pentax k-r with a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens for my eighteenth birthday literally two days ago. Being the stupid clumsy person I am I knocked it off the table with my elbow with the zoom lens attached. The camera is fine, I checked with the other lens but this lens no longer works, the pictures (when I get it attached) are very bright and nothing changes that. I have checked the warranty and found it needs a dealer stamp which it doesn't have (I got it through amazon and so could probably make them stamp it or something). Can I get it repaired? Please help me.
Broken Lens | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
^ picture of lens

02-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry about the lens. Check with Pentax UK about repairs. Here in the US all they want is the original invoice and the warranty card that came with the camera in order to document that the item is within the warranty period. Good luck.
02-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
My dad came home in his lunch hour and fixed it, by putting the thing that controls the aperture in the right place and glueing back together because he is awesome like that!!
02-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by upanddown Quote
My dad came home in his lunch hour and fixed it, by putting the thing that controls the aperture in the right place and glueing back together because he is awesome like that!!
Glad to hear it. Hope you stick around, there's a lot here for anyone new.

02-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by upanddown Quote
Hooray for glue! (And good thing it was a plastic-mount DAL that could be glued...)
Enjoy again, and still be careful with that lens, since it's been broken once it is now weaker than before.