Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #1

Lensbaby Edge 80 Optic/ Tilt shift

Lensbaby just announced (or at least I just now read about it) a new tilt lens. I have never been a fan of Lensbaby, but this is interesting. It makes a tilt lens somewhat affordable.
Lensbaby - Edge 80 Optic

I have been meaning to look this up. Are there any decent tilt shift lens in a k mount?

02-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

On eBay you can find tilt adapters and shift adapters, separately, but generally not in the same piece. (Though I haven't looked lately.)

These adapters adapt Pentacon Six medium-format lenses to K-mount (and other DSLR mounts), and can be had for $100 or a little more. Pentacon Six lenses are fairly plentiful and reasonably priced.

Hartblei/Arsat also sell tilt/shift lenses for K-mount.
02-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cacain Quote
Lensbaby just announced (or at least I just now read about it) a new tilt lens. I have never been a fan of Lensbaby, but this is interesting. It makes a tilt lens somewhat affordable.
Lensbaby - Edge 80 Optic
Holy smokes! $600 for the lens and mount? They've got quite a racket there...

My Pentax-mount tilt setup has an incredible old Zeiss 50mm, and cost almost half that! If you want 80mm, then look for the same adapter and the Biometar 2.8 which is half as much again as my Flektogon 50mm. Total would be just over $200...
02-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cacain Quote
I have been meaning to look this up. Are there any decent tilt shift lens in a k mount?
Yes, for $4,000, give or take a couple of hundred:

https://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogSubCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID=1822

02-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

If you need high resolution with large prints, get a TS lens. If not, use perspective correction in PP.
02-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Tilt is easily accomplsihed with enlarging lenses using the zork.com sets. The wider the lens, the more difficult it is to find lenses with sufficient image angle. That's the reason why there is no real solution for a wide angle tilt and shift - let alon something that quaifies as a wide angle on an APS-C sensor. Canon TS lenses do pretty well, Nikon has something to offer as well, the markt for Pentax user is too small. Large apeture, special purpose lenses, ... are not the stongholds of the Pentax system.
You may alss try a Novoflex bellow with shift and tilt function, it also serves as a great macro soution. Tilt is most often used in close range studio photography, but can be fun at any focal length.
02-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Tilt is easily accomplsihed with enlarging lenses using the zork.com sets.
That's actually Zoerk.Com and their products are a bit on the costly side.

QuoteQuote:
You may alss try a Novoflex bellow with shift and tilt function, it also serves as a great macro soution. Tilt is most often used in close range studio photography, but can be fun at any focal length.
The Novoflex Tilt-/Shift Bellows are also rather expensive, and maybe too thick for anything but close macro on APS-C cameras.
02-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Tilt is easily accomplsihed with enlarging lenses using the zork.com sets.
Enlarging lenses are prone to flare, and not designed to work well at infinity.

The wider the lens, the more difficult it is to find lenses with sufficient image angle. That's the reason why there is no real solution for a wide angle tilt and shift - let alon something that quaifies as a wide angle on an APS-C sensor.
The PC Super-Angulon 28/2.8 comes in a T-mount, and may be adapted to Pentax K.
Whether 28mm is "wide-angle" or "normal" on APS-C is a question of interpretation.