Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Lens Advice

Hi
I normally buy through B&H photo video and they ship to Australia no problems what's ever.

I have found a lens which is with Cambridge World in NY, I just don't know them and would like to know if people have bought lenses from them.

Many thanks

02-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #2

Google street view the address. Gives me reservations about this outfit. Try it yourself and see.

As a warning to anyone else considering Cambridge World, NYC, if you Google that string and go look at the street view pulled up you will see a warehouse and loading dock. Buyer beware.

Last edited by blind-bat; 02-15-2012 at 07:06 AM.
02-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RussellW Quote
Hi
I normally buy through B&H photo video and they ship to Australia no problems what's ever.

I have found a lens which is with Cambridge World in NY, I just don't know them and would like to know if people have bought lenses from them.

Many thanks
Stick with B&H and stay away from Cambridge World, or other places like it.
02-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Unless it's a big saving anything that might need a warranty I buy in Australia. Otherwise I use B&H for everything else. B&H usually has a quicker service to my door than within Aus.

02-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I've bought from B&H and Adorama. What i like about Adorama is their 30 day return policy which comes in handy when it takes so long to post things back and forth from Australia.
02-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Stick with B&H and stay away from Cambridge World, or other places like it.
"After calling this outfit talking both to Steve and Thomas , the manager, it became clear that I was dealing with liars , a most untrustworthy lot."

Unless my memory fails me Steve and Tom are the names of the clowns at ajrichies, coincidence? The shoe sure fits.

EDIT:
HMMMM another suspicion just confirmed!!!.
I typed in www ajrichard com and the forum software parsed the link as it's does and you see ajrichies LOL that is sweet. Well done Adam! I speculated in another post they were one and the same.

I've posted the whois info for both sites before so I'll not bother to do it again. www ajriches com was registered by proxy a few months after www ajrichard com.

Last edited by riff; 02-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.
02-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #7

Original Poster
Many thanks, I will stick with B&H and stay away from Cambridge
they had a 600 F4 for $6K
which I was a bit unsure about
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I've bought from B&H and Adorama. What i like about Adorama is their 30 day return policy which ...
...which is the same length as ours. :-)

A reminder -- when you order if you start from our logo here and go directly to our site and place your order there without opening new windows or tabs, we support this site financially.

02-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
we support this site financially.
Thanks Henry, I will do my orders that way in the future. I like the service and quick response by B&H.