Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Query: Using Pentax lens on Samsung NX mount

Hi

I recently purchased a Samsung nx10 + 18-55mm nx mount lens. I wish to use my pentax legacy and da lens on this mount. In ebay two kinds of adapters are being sold for using pentax lens on nx mount. One is for the old legacy lenses and the other is for da lenses. The guys advertising the legacy lens adapter mention that its not suitable for da lens. I want to know whether the adapter for pentax da lens can also be used for legacy lenses or do I need to buy both of the adapters?

Also I wish to know whether any of you have used pentax lenses on nx bodies and would appreciate if you shared your experiences while using them.

Thanks in advance

02-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The reason they might not be usable is because DA lenses lack the aperture right, so there would need to be electronic contacts to control it.

It should work the other way, though- if the adapter supports DA lenses, it'll support others too.

See this thread for more: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115679-samsung-nx-moun...-k-lenses.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #3

Hi,
I intend to replace my Pentax DSLR with a APS-C mirrorless and I think Samsung NX is a good proposal enabling me to go on using my PK (M, A, FA and DA lenses).
I would like to ask two questions about this adaptors:
1) In the desription of one adaptor on Ebay it says "suitable for NX cameras except NX100". Do you think this restriction is valid for the other adaptors too?
2) Is using Pentax M-Lenses and metering with them more convenient than the story with the green button on Pentax DSLRs?
Thank you in advance for any advice!
Konstantin