Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Doi 1.5x teleconverter? Maybe makinon?

I'm just curious if anyone has any familiarity with this lens, or doi? One thread implied that it might be the same company as Makina Optical Co., Ltd. or Makinon?

I got it as part of a rather stupid run of buying fever on ebay (seems I didn't really put a lot of though into what I was buying). It was actually the most expensive shipped but many of the others were combined shipping. Seems one sold on the market place for 40$ in pentax mount (mine is canon fd mount). It just shipped so it will probably be a little while before I get it.

02-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
I'm just curious if anyone has any familiarity with this lens, or doi? One thread implied that it might be the same company as Makina Optical Co., Ltd. or Makinon?

I got it as part of a rather stupid run of buying fever on ebay (seems I didn't really put a lot of though into what I was buying). It was actually the most expensive shipped but many of the others were combined shipping. Seems one sold on the market place for 40$ in pentax mount (mine is canon fd mount). It just shipped so it will probably be a little while before I get it.
Trying to be helpful and I've done some searching:

DOI 1.5X teleconverter - BirdForum
DOI Teleconverter on my k100d - Photo.net Pentax Forum

Maybe you could ask there as well?

JP
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. Its more than I found....

That first thread says its on par with a Kenko Pro 300 1.4X teleconverter if anyone is familiar with that one?