Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GhoSStrider Quote
Canon FD stuff can be used with a simple modification. Take a spare rear lens cap and cut out the center of it. The modified lens cap will engage the aperture mechanism to allow the iris to be closed down to the desired aperture. Additionally, the modified lens cap will serve as a hood for the set-up. Canon sold a macrophoto coupler kit that included such a device. They sell on eBay from time to time. Still, considering how easy it is to make your own from a $0.10 rear lens cap, I'd just do that.
A rear lens cap, or a PK body cap? I've set some other narrow short-register lenses (Argus C3 mount) into body caps; hadn't thought to try that with FDs because of the aperture link problem. And those Argus lenses have nice narrow bodies; most other lenses I've considered for such treatment are too fat to fit into a PK body cap.

02-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
A rear lens cap, or a PK body cap? I've set some other narrow short-register lenses (Argus C3 mount) into body caps; hadn't thought to try that with FDs because of the aperture link problem. And those Argus lenses have nice narrow bodies; most other lenses I've considered for such treatment are too fat to fit into a PK body cap.
He means for purposes of reversing the lens. An FD cap. The lens wouldn't work on a K mount body the right way, though.
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
He means for purposes of reversing the lens. An FD cap. The lens wouldn't work on a K mount body the right way, though.
Precisely...this is just for reversing the lens for macro use. Unfortunately, Canon FD stuff doesn't work well/easily on Pentax bodies.
02-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GhoSStrider Quote
Precisely...this is just for reversing the lens for macro use.
Ah. I guess I missed that context. Still, a semi-short-register (35mm or longer) lens with a body diameter under 42mm should be able to be fitted into a PK body cap and reach infinity focus, and even shorter-register lenses (like Leica|LTM or C-mount) for macro use. But that's another subject.

QuoteQuote:
Unfortunately, Canon FD stuff doesn't work well/easily on Pentax bodies.
And that's why I sold all my FD lenses... for a good profit, which led me into being a lens-trader on eBay. That cloud had a golden lining.

Has this thread exhausted the subject of using 28mm glass, reversed or otherwise, for very close macro work?