Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In general I'm not really a germ freak. I work in retail and while I'm a supervisor, I still spend a lot of time on the register (everyone does now and then including the store manager). I handle money all the time that some guy probably took out of his wallet right after scratching his but, or some crack whore just pulled out of here underwear or bra or something. On occasion I might use the hand sanitizer that is provided if someone comes up hacking and coughing all over the place which happen often during cold season.

For some reason, I just got this image in my head of someone hacking up Flem and snot all over everything in this one case...

As far as building a resistance, yea the kids got sick a lot when the started going to day care till they built some resistance. Then they stayed at home for a while and had the same thing again when they started going to school. Building a resistance can be a good thing. I'm not even sure this is totally a germ thing either. Part of it might be a grossness factor of snot all over everything and I couldn't tell you why that vision came into my mind when I read his message.

02-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could wipe your gear down with a disinfectant wipe, but it's 10 times more likely that you got the germs from money.
02-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Don From The Radio Quote
You could wipe your gear down with a disinfectant wipe, but it's 10 times more likely that you got the germs from money.
I probably get more germs than I could imagine off handling money. As far as the lenses, they won't arrive till tomorrow. I was a little bit afraid disinfectant might harm the glass. I was just thinking alcohol.
02-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

residual Oil Remover
Mkaes it all nice and shiny again, too.

02-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

residual Oil Remover
Mkaes it all nice and shiny again, too.
Have you used that before? Does it really do anything special? I have some canon lens cleaner that does an ok job (in comparison, I have some tiffen that does not work as well, and some generic that is even worse). I wouldn't mind finding something a little better (unrelated to germs, just to clean lens glass). Funny thing though, looking at the material saftey data sheet, it looks like the same ingredients as windex with a little salt and no blue dye. I guess maybe its the mixture that matters or maybe the salt does something special?