Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question on lens converters Nikon to Pentax

Hello,

could anybody tell me please if using a Nikon to Pentax lens converter preserves the AF capability of the Nikon lens.

I have searched the forum but found no answer.

Thanks a lot.

02-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
any sort of lens converter aside from the specially designed alpha-to-NEX converter will NOT preserve AF functionality
02-28-2012, 03:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you adpo.
02-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #4
Veteran Member

There is no standard way to fit an adapter to a Nikon cameras allowing the use of Pentax lenses. The registration distance of Nikon lenses is larger than that of Pentax lenses so they can not be made to fit without some destructive engineering work .. and often still not. Canon has a much smaller registration distance so there are many adapters allowing different brand lenses to be used on their cameras, including Pentax.

02-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

FYI:

Some years ago I used a Nikon to Pentax adapter to fit a Nikon 500 f4P to my Pentax LX. The adapter was actually a 1.4X teleconverter with a female Nikon bayonet on the front and a Pentax male bayonet on the back. The adapter was 100% manual - no aperture link so the Nikon tele has to be stopped down manually. The 1.4 lens system was very simple, causing substantial deterioration of IQ. I did not find this device in any way satisfactory and eventually purchased a used Nikon FA to put on the lens. Even with a 2X nikon converter to get 1000 f8 the results were easily superior to images taken with the N-K adapter on my LX.
02-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
There is no standard way to fit an adapter to a Nikon cameras allowing the use of Pentax lenses.
I understood the OP's question the other way,
asking about using a Nikon lens on a Pentax camera.

Although AF as such won't work, the "poor man's AF,"
focus trap or catch-in-focus, should be available,
as with any MF lens.
02-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

There is a Nikon to pentax converter on the market presently from china. It is effectively a 2 element TC with a 1.25 magnification factor there is quite a lot of color bleed at wide open conditions at least with a 50/1.8 but stopped down it is useable. Similar adaptors exist for all makes with different magnification. Ased upon the thickness of the individual adaptors. The. Anon for example is 1.45 x