Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Lol, a good savings account would not reap much of an interest rate on such a small amount, but I get what you are saying... but I am so anxious!!! I actually just got a few more hundred to put in the fund... sickening really. Its burning a hole through my pockets!!!

I love my K5, I promised my Kx to my son but I'm sure hed be ok with the Kr if need be. Unfortunately the Kx just ran out of warranty, and the few finder needs to be replaced... bummer

03-03-2012, 11:15 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pen-A Quote
I´d keep the k-x as a nice little backup and sell the k-r to fund a k-5 . You´re likely to get more money selling the k-r and it´s no better than k-x imo.
You mean apart from the Kr having a 4 times better resolution (and larger, 3.0" to 2.7") screen (920k to 230k), all focus points visible and selectable as opposed to the Kx's centre point only, one stop better ISO (12,800 - 6,400) and expanded (25,600 to 12,800) or faster fps (6 vs 4.7) ? If those advantages don't have any relevance to your shooting subjects or style then by all means keep the Kx as back-up, otherwise you are giving up quite a bit on your 'back-up' camera (which inevitably becomes your second camera and not just a 'back-up' per se.