Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I had exactly that happen to a SMC Tak 200/4. I fixed the problem with Loctite - the grade intended for holding threaded fasteners firm, but so they can be disassembled. Just a few small dots.

See my other post at:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-technical-troubleshooting/152972-...-function.html
Just be careful with LocTite because there are MANY different grades of it, some are meant to be temporary and others permanent. I've used Blue242 with watch parts that tend to work loose like link pins for metal watch bands and it works very well but can be undone later if you need to change the band. However, there are types (red as I recall but check) that will NOT be undone short of industrial tools and heat. It will set up in about 10 minutes but takes 24 hours to fully cure. You can buy it in sizes from 55gal drums to 6ml tubes so it can be very easy to use and store. Most versions are meant for metal to metal contact use only.

03-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Just be careful with LocTite because there are MANY different grades of it, some are meant to be temporary and others permanent. I've used Blue242 with watch parts that tend to work loose like link pins for metal watch bands and it works very well but can be undone later if you need to change the band. However, there are types (red as I recall but check) that will NOT be undone short of industrial tools and heat. It will set up in about 10 minutes but takes 24 hours to fully cure. You can buy it in sizes from 55gal drums to 6ml tubes so it can be very easy to use and store. Most versions are meant for metal to metal contact use only.
Thank you for emphasizing the matter of the grade of Loctite. I deliberately chose the one that can be broken easily because I reasoned that there might be a reason to remove the tube at some time in the future. I also was looking for soemthing strong enough that I wanted no fear of the part falling out again, because nexct time I might lose it. Given its importance, optically, see my other post, I cannot afford to lose the piece. The hardware shop had quite an array of little packs - and th smallest pack is plenty for this job an d other jobs around the house until it goes stale, and there will still be some to put in the wheelie bin.
03-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I had exactly that happen to a SMC Tak 200/4. I fixed the problem with Loctite - the grade intended for holding threaded fasteners firm, but so they can be disassembled. Just a few small dots.

See my other post at:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-technical-troubleshooting/152972-...-function.html
thanks for your help, it looks like you had the exact same issue. it also looks like I won't be able to identify any of the above suggestions for glue as something that is sold over here, so I think I'll just try whatever and see what happens.
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
thanks for your help, it looks like you had the exact same issue. it also looks like I won't be able to identify any of the above suggestions for glue as something that is sold over here, so I think I'll just try whatever and see what happens.
Try these folks -
???? ????? ????????? ??"?