Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Small white dots on periphery of front element

I just bought a M 35mm f/2 lens from craigslist, but noticed that there are white dots on the inside of the front element. They are only at the periphery of the element, where it seems like the the front element is glued to black metal/plastic. Is this the glue breaking down? Has anyone else seen things like this? Will it further deteriorate? Sorry I don't have my DSLR with me, so I can't take any pictures of the lens. I've tried to look it up, and it seems like it may be "white spot disease" common to Rokkor 28mm, but I can't find any photos of it. I'll be grateful to any tips on what it might be! I paid $50 for the lens, so I hope I didn't get ripped off!

03-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just found that it suffers from the sticky blade problem too....ugh never doing a craiglist deal outside in 20 degree weather - apparently I'm not able to think correctly...

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dots, element, front, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, periphery, slr lens