Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K 28mm f3.5 aperture bearing

Hi guys,
This might be a tough one but I thought I would post anyway.
I picked up a cheap copy of the aforementioned lens for eBay over the weekend. Turns out the lens was shipped with a broken rear cap, as a result all the crud got into the lens from the deteriorating foam during shipping. Usually I would send it back,but it's a reasonably easy to disassemble lens, I thought I would save the hassle.. As a result I heard this tink tink tink and the aperture bearing was gone. Anyone know what size I need to be replacing it with? I was thinking maybe 1mm.
Help is greatly appreciated.

03-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would advise first "sweeping" the floor of the whole room with a good magnet (once I found back a spring and bearing in the carpet using a magnetised screwdriver).
Otherwise, your best bet if probably to look for someone willing to donate you a broken lens or just the part, as I think the bearings are standardised at least among the Pentax K-series lenses.
03-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There is a good chance you might get it from CR Kennedy in Melbourne.
03-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hmm. I have searched my apartment high and low. Not even magnetic screwdrivers... And I am not gonna pull my speakers apart lol. I'll drop by the hardware and see what they have in the way of magnets there's been a number of times I've needed one but never had one anyway. If all else fails I'll contact cr kennedy and see what they have to say.

03-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Double Post Sorry..

Last edited by Chaos_Realm; 03-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.
03-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Hah Hah that's just great! I love the solve!

I wqas going to offer 1.5mm from memory with an A50/1.7 but I didn't want to steer you wrong.
03-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeh, If you lose a microscopic bit like that a strong magnet will help so much, I have pretty good young eyes and the only clue that I had found it was a little "tink" as the magnet found its target. Any metal within about 15-25cm will jump on to it... I believe this particular magnet is for tradies recovering tools from inside a wall or somewhere out of reach. It can support the weight of my camera bag with camera and 4 lenses