Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oh, ok, I missed that. Next thing to rule out is front/back focusing. It's hard to tell with the subject you've chosen. Make sure you also try manual focusing with live view at high magnification.

03-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks IKARUS I have tried to eliminate any human error I guess the thing is my sons lens ( the same Pentax 55-300) works perfectly fine on my camera and this one dosn't I have spoken to the seller and he is going to give me a refund and put the lens into a camera repairer in Melbourne and let me know the outcome .

Thanks for all your help
03-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by telegazz Quote
I just bought a Pentax DA55-300 ed from ebay this is a lens I have been saving up for for some time and really want so I was very disappointed with the results picture at 300mm f6.7 spot metering and focus 200 IO this is the best of 3 taken with support so i tried the same with my 70 200 takumar and the result was much much better . The person I bought from has promised a full refund but I am just shocked that the picture could be this bad any comments (this is a 100% crop)
Let's assume you are not a total incompetent - the lens is clearly b*ggered. My first 55-300 performed like that after I dropped it. Warranty obviously didn't cover that, so I paid for Pentax to fix it in Japan. It came back only semi-fixed, but allegedly (as I was told after I sent it straight back with a protest) "within spec". I bought another one as part of a kit with my K-x. Somewhat better, but still not as good as the first one was originally. It's a lottery, folks!

But that photograph is clearly the product of some kind of malfunction.

Tim