Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #1

Rebates, how often?

Does Pentax have rebate programs at regular (predictable) intervals (like Canon... who I guess I abandoned) or is it just a random thing. I was just trying to convince myself to hold off on any more lens purchases until the next rebate cycle.

I already have four rebates in process (K110d+lenses). However, the limit is five per houshold... so... still... time... to buy...

12-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Rebates? What rebates? They never do that.
12-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rebates

Pentax does have rebates, but I guess it depends where you purchase from. Pentax in the U.S. had a some sort of rebate program that was not promoted here in Canada (I don't remember the details), but I saw a rebate during the autumn for the *ist DL and DL2 that was on the Pentax Canada website. I was so tempted to go for that two lens DL2 kit - a $100 rebate I think it was. Would have been nice to put towards additional accessories like a bag or UV filters.

Oh - Wildboar. To my best knowledge, Pentax Canada doesn't have a predictable interval on their rebates. I'm not sure about the U.S. Sorry.
12-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #4

I'd like to know myself how often they run their rebates. I want to pickup the 50-200 if I don't get the tamron 28-200. But don't know if I'll get it before the rebate ends.

12-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #5

Original Poster
Oops... I forgot to mention I was in the US. This internet thingy is GLOBAL!?! What will they think of next

I didn't consider that Pentax wouldn't offer them in other countries. I feel lucky.

Here in the US the rebates have gone for the past three months... ending on Jan 8th 2007. I think Canon usuaully does a spring & fall promotion.
12-27-2006, 03:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

As best I can remember, Pentax USA has had continual running rebates of various combinations of cameras and lenses going back to early 2006. I bought the FA31LE for a fellow DPR member in March so he could get the rebate and then they ended up extending it. Then there was the DL blowout with rebate and then the K100D incentive rebate, and now the current one. It seems the new one shows up within hours of the old one expiring.

-E
12-27-2006, 04:21 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wish Pentax kept their rebate programs consistent globally. I would like to get some of the deals that are just a little over an hour from my doorstep.
12-27-2006, 04:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I second that

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
I wish Pentax kept their rebate programs consistent globally. I would like to get some of the deals that are just a little over an hour from my doorstep.
The sad thing is that pentax lenses are just not available in this country here. Oz Being ignored by pentax altogether. Somehow most ebayers know Oz pentax users are desperate to get lenses ...

It took me 3 months to get the rebate for 77 ltd through a friend in US.

Last edited by roentarre; 12-27-2006 at 05:55 AM.
12-27-2006, 05:45 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
*snip*
It took me 3 months to get the rebate for 77 ltd through a friend in US.
It's not much quicker for us in the States. IIRC it took about that long for me to get the rebate for my FA 50mm. Not that I'm complaining.

NaCl(rebates are a pita but better than nothing)H2O