Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2022, 07:29 AM - 11 Likes   #4336
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This guy was distracted by a squirrel, disregarding my presence.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-27-2022, 01:26 PM - 9 Likes   #4337
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shot a friend's very informal wedding yesterday with the 18-135 on my KP.

IMGP3475_DxO by oktyabr

IMGP3493_DxO by oktyabr

IMGP3498_DxO by oktyabr

IMGP3599_DxO by oktyabr
02-27-2022, 07:44 PM - 7 Likes   #4338
Pentaxian

K-3 and DA 18-135

Scenes from today's afternoon dog walk...

03-01-2022, 12:16 AM   #4339
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
K-3 and DA 18-135

Scenes from today's afternoon dog walk...

Hi Norm,

Nice scenes, but it seems like the white balance is a bit off. The images have a rather warm/magenta tint on my computer screen.

Take care,
Hans

03-01-2022, 02:09 PM - 2 Likes   #4340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K3 III + DA 18-135 mm ED @ 135 mm FL and f/11 : VERY SHARP !

03-02-2022, 10:15 AM - 11 Likes   #4341
Pentaxian

at 18mm from low flying balloon
03-02-2022, 10:45 PM   #4342
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Basie Quote

at 18mm from low flying balloon
All these photos you post are great and adequately illustrate the beauty of unlimited nothingness. Of all the desert photos you have shared I don't think I have seen a single motor vehicle. Just what drives the economy in Namibia?? They do have one, don't they?? Cliff

03-03-2022, 07:10 PM - 2 Likes   #4343
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Hi Norm,

Nice scenes, but it seems like the white balance is a bit off. The images have a rather warm/magenta tint on my computer screen.

Take care,
Hans
It seems that way with mine too. But then around here at least, we sometimes get that effect with the sun at a certain angle on a cloudy day.

---------- Post added 03-03-22 at 07:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote

Verifies my experience with this remarkable lens, especially considering its cost- after some ten years of ownership, used on numerous bodies, the technical advancements up to and including the KP for me, improvements in cameras have been visually reflected in results out of the lens! That is how good this lens really is!

---------- Post added 03-03-22 at 07:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Whatever the focal length, be it wide-angle or telephoto, this small zoom sure delivers in this beautiful golden light on a K3 III.

Isn't it amazing? And for this class of lens!

Last edited by mikesbike; 03-03-2022 at 07:30 PM.
03-06-2022, 02:04 AM - 5 Likes   #4344
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
All these photos you post are great and adequately illustrate the beauty of unlimited nothingness. Of all the desert photos you have shared I don't think I have seen a single motor vehicle. Just what drives the economy in Namibia?? They do have one, don't they?? Cliff
Hi Cliff

Fair comment. Namibia is the second least populated country in the world ( or so they say ), but there are vast areas that are totally uninhabited, so people do concentrate in populated areas. To put it perspective, our capital has about 350 000 inhabitants and the country about 2.6 million. I gravitate to the less populated areas and nature to me is on its best without any people. I know it is unrealistic, but that is when I take pictures. We do have a lot of cars ( will try to get a picture someday ) and our economy runs on mining, agriculture and tourism. Sometimes it is problem to get a picture without a lot of tourists around, but I keep on trying!

Keep well

---------- Post added 03-06-22 at 11:12 AM ----------

Once every four or five years, the desert turns green and we have to photograph it This is a shot of a culvert on the Gamsberg pass which runs up the escarpment from the Namib to the central plateau. Cliff, I waited two hours, and no vehicle. But it was during the Covid restrictions., Usually about two three vehicles per hour. The 18-135 at 135mm Cross posted from telephoto landscape thread

Last edited by Basie; 03-06-2022 at 02:19 AM.
03-07-2022, 11:09 AM - 4 Likes   #4345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DA18-135 on K10D
03-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #4346
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice!
03-07-2022, 11:57 AM   #4347
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
It seems that way with mine too. But then around here at least, we sometimes get that effect with the sun at a certain angle on a cloudy day.
If my white balance is off, rest assured I tried a lot of things before I decided on one, because of the above, in the woods I get lots of weird lighting conditions. Better software might help... but on some, when I white balanced one section it turned another section purple and pink. If I think I have a printable image I'll correct mine, to some extent, but, I usually just do what I can with the relatively simple software I use for PP.

This is not a place where it's worth my while to do major processing on every image. Any image that will be printed gets additional care. I shoot 20,000 images year on average. Not every image can have the royal treatment. I don't mind a minute or two working on white balance.. I don't want it to become a hobby on it's own. See the threads on frame rate to see my opinion on too much computer time.
03-07-2022, 12:29 PM - 3 Likes   #4348
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oktyabr Quote
Shot a friend's very informal wedding yesterday with the 18-135 on my KP.
@Oktyabr, a modest ceremony, perhaps, but one having immense significance.

In contrast to weddings costing tens of thousands of dollars and photographed with gear costing many thousands, it's a treat to see your pictures.

- Craig
03-07-2022, 10:31 PM   #4349
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Basie Quote
Hi Cliff

Fair comment. Namibia is the second least populated country in the world ( or so they say ), but there are vast areas that are totally uninhabited, so people do concentrate in populated areas. To put it perspective, our capital has about 350 000 inhabitants and the country about 2.6 million. I gravitate to the less populated areas and nature to me is on its best without any people. I know it is unrealistic, but that is when I take pictures. We do have a lot of cars ( will try to get a picture someday ) and our economy runs on mining, agriculture and tourism. Sometimes it is problem to get a picture without a lot of tourists around, but I keep on trying!

Keep well

---------- Post added 03-06-22 at 11:12 AM ----------

Once every four or five years, the desert turns green and we have to photograph it This is a shot of a culvert on the Gamsberg pass which runs up the escarpment from the Namib to the central plateau. Cliff, I waited two hours, and no vehicle. But it was during the Covid restrictions., Usually about two three vehicles per hour. The 18-135 at 135mm Cross posted from telephoto landscape thread
Bassie, thanks for the reply. I suppose I could have Googled it, I would rather receive the info first hand, again thanks.....Oh, I continue to be blessed with good health, 83rd birthday in 2 weeks. Cliff
03-08-2022, 12:45 AM   #4350
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If my white balance is off, rest assured I tried a lot of things before I decided on one, because of the above, in the woods I get lots of weird lighting conditions. Better software might help... but on some, when I white balanced one section it turned another section purple and pink. If I think I have a printable image I'll correct mine, to some extent, but, I usually just do what I can with the relatively simple software I use for PP.

This is not a place where it's worth my while to do major processing on every image. Any image that will be printed gets additional care. I shoot 20,000 images year on average. Not every image can have the royal treatment. I don't mind a minute or two working on white balance.. I don't want it to become a hobby on it's own. See the threads on frame rate to see my opinion on too much computer time.
I agree, I can't afford this time either. It's just that I noticed it and came across this in some of my own snow scenes as well.