Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma APO 1.4x\2.0x EX DG Teleconverters

can someone tell me if the Sigma APO 1.4x\2.0x EX DG Teleconverters have both SDM\HSM and Screwdrive AF connectors on them?

photo of the front or back would be great (Sigma only have side shots)

03-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I don't know.

But I read in a customer comment on German Amazon that at least the 2.0 is not compatible with the K5 (a lot of the K5 functions just seem to turn crazy when the TK is connected, including menu and SR). That customer said Sigma had promised him an update soon, but he refused and sent the TK back. The comment was from March 2011.

The comment:

QuoteQuote:
Rezension bezieht sich auf: Sigma 2,0 X EX APO DG Telekonverter für Pentax (Elektronik)
Der Telekonverter Sigma 2,0 X EX APO DG ist von der Handhabung und Haptik sehr gut und passt optisch zum sehr guten Sigma 2.8 70-200 mm.
Leider ist dieser Konverter nicht kompatible mit der neuen Pentax K5, da fast alle Funktionen der Kamera gestört werden. (Menü, Shake reduction, ect. alles deaktiviert).
Aussage: Es gibt ein Update bei Sigma. Wie es damit sich verhält, weiß ich nicht, da ich hierzu erst den Konverter mit Rechnung an Sigma einschicken muss.

Das war mir doch zu risikoreich - ich habe den Konverter zurück geschickt.
Edit: I just found another one (also from Amazon), which says it does not support HSM:

QuoteQuote:
Rezension bezieht sich auf: Sigma 2,0 X EX APO DG Telekonverter für Pentax (Elektronik)
Leider hat die Firma nicht ganz glückliche angaben gemacht und daher musste ich vom Kauf zurücktreten.Der Konverter hatte keine HSM -Unterstützung und war aber unter diesem Eingestellt. Allerdings hat die Firma AC-Foto sehr freundlich und Korrekt die Rücknahme in die Wege geleitet. Daher würde ich über Sie wieder Einkaufen.

Last edited by RKKS08; 03-26-2012 at 04:03 PM.
03-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

No they don't, they only have the screwdrive connections on them, if used with a HSM lens, you must manual focus.
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
No they don't, they only have the screwdrive connections on them, if used with a HSM lens, you must manual focus.
my impression looking at the compatability chart it is the other way around, becuase all the compatible lenes are HSM. That is why I asked to see a photo of ethier the front or the back.

03-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
my impression looking at the compatability chart it is the other way around, becuase all the compatible lenes are HSM. That is why I asked to see a photo of ethier the front or the back.

I have both and can say without any doubt they do not work on any HSM lenses, there are no SDM contacts in the mount. If you where wanting to use one on the HSM version of Sigma lenses it will be MF only. Plus you do have to watch lens compatibility with the Sigma TC's they will not fit any lens that has it's rear element flush with the K-mount, there needs to be a good distance free in the rear of the lens itself for the front element of the Sigma TC to protrude into the interior of the lens.

cmohr
03-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Re K5 compatibility using screw drive all AF functions are OK, but since the TC does not alter the reported focal length SR is only set to 50% of the focal length. This means all functions that use focal length, including the program lines will not be optimal, and the same is true if SR. The next issue is PTTL flash, which is not properly compensated because the true aperture is not known. It is important to note that neither if these issues is unique to the K5. All PentaxDSLRs have these issues. The only camera that does not have flash exposure issues are the *istD series when using the TTL flash, because it reads light reflected off the sensor