Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
Forum Member

Broke into the piggy-bank...

...and ordered the 50-135! It was very expensive(i paid less for the k-5 + 18-55 + 50-200), but i am feeling really pumped about it already and looking forward to getting my dirty fingers on it!

I am hoping the postoffice doesnt screw things up so i get it in time for my first real concert-shoot this weekend, which is partly why i bought it now. Little time, i know, but with a bit of luck, i will have a useable shot or two
In the future, i am hoping to pair it with the new DA* in the hopes it will be something around 16-80mm, and then consider myself done with lenses. *cough*

Anyways, just wanted to brag, and if anyone has a few pointers regarding concertphotography, please do not hesitate to send them in my general direction

03-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a great lens for that kind of work. You should be very happy with it.
03-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
The Norwegian postal system amazed me and transportet the lens 2200km in under 20 hours! Thats a first!
Have test-driven the new DA*50-135 a little, still at work, but so far, it seems like it blows all my other lenses out of the water with ease. The build quality and feel is excellent, it looks huge, but not scary huge, the weight is absolutely handholdable, it focuses much faster than anything i got, and i couldnt be happier with the IQ - if it needs improvement, it is my fault and not the lens.

Happy as Larry!
03-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by morpho Quote
...and ordered the 50-135! It was very expensive(i paid less for the k-5 + 18-55 + 50-200)
QuoteOriginally posted by morpho Quote
Have test-driven the new DA*50-135 a little, still at work, but so far, it seems like it blows all my other lenses out of the water with ease.

Happy as Larry!
Now the cost is self explanatory Enjoy your purchase and post some work so we can too. I've gone from 2 to 9 primes in that range in the last month so I think I'll hold off on the zoom for now.

03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The 50-135 is one my favorites..... portraits, landscapes, sports. It is like having a bag of primes. Enjoy!
03-29-2012, 03:25 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Managed to fire off a few shots yesterday, and will post two pics of my favourite subject; my dog. She loves attention, but hates having her picture taken, but sometimes she is posing willingly. these images were uploaded to Facebook, and downloaded again before posting here, so i have no idea of what resolution they are, or what FB have done to the quality of the pics. The first pic is f2.8, dont remember the rest(not at home right now), the second i dont remember anything about. I found out when i got home that i had been shooting with SR off the whole atfternoon, so no SR on these either, and minimal PP, i think i changed the WB a little in both and cropped the first one.

Tomorrow and saturday i am going to do some concert photography at an indoors festival - it will be a challenge, bit im really looking forward to it, and i hope i will learn a lot
Attached Images

03-29-2012, 03:40 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations on the new lens (and a beautiful dog). The 50-135 is such a useful lens and so satisfying with regard to its results.