Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The going price for an P/KA adaptall mount?

Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea of what the going price for a P/KA Tamron adaptall mount is?

Thanks.

01-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I think it's kind of all over the place. I recently bought one for over $100, but I've seen them go for somewhat less (and somewhat more).
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Your best bet is to run into a private store sale, ie. not on ebay. There are some around now and then, but sparse. The prices that way tend to run in the reasonable $25-30 range, while on ebay forgettaboutit.
01-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

A P/KA Adaptall ring on eBay costs around $120 nowadays. As suggested by Nesster, you could turn to a local store (if available). Or you could look closely at Adaptall lenses offered for sale on eBay. At least half of them come with an Adaptall mount attached and sell for less than the price of the ring only. The P/KA mount is easy to spot, even on lousy eBay pictures, because it has three electrical contacts aligned in a row, like this:

When the picture is not clear, don't hesitate to ask the sellers to send a picture of the lens mount. Apart from the P/KA mount, two other Adaptall mounts could be interesting for Pentax users:

- the P/K, manual Pentax K bayonet mount, which is easy to spot with its additional diaphragm scale (this one is cheap, great for mirror lenses):

- the P/U, M42 mount (functionally similar to a P/K but requires an additional M42/Pentax K adapter):

Cheers!

01-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

i got one from ebay a couple of weeks ago with a BIN for $11.50 + $5 shipping. total = 16.50usd
of course i doubt they knew what they had.. also there was absolutely no descrip of it. i just took a chance and it paid off.. i also took a chance on a tamron 300/2.8 that paid off for a delivered price of 205usd.