Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just pulled the trigger...

...and ordered a DA* 60-250! I have always wanted that lens, and to be honest, I was planning on getting it when I returned from deployment, however I came across an offer that was too good to pass up. With the new unilateral pricing that is affecting Pentax's lenses (namely the pro grade ones, which, thank God I had already previously picked up a 16-50 and the 50-135 for great prices), the 60-250 went up to $1999. I'm sorry, I just can't justify that amount of change for a hobby that does not return any income.

But for $1076, Used, Like New from Amazon Warehouse Deals with Amazon's guarantee and backing (which I've used before for lenses without issue), well that to me is one hell of a bargain. I had my sights on it before the pricing change, but couldn't justify the $150-$200 difference when it was going for $1299 across the board. But $1000?

Can't wait to get my sandwich clamps on it!

Good luck to all as you hunt for lens bargains.

-Heie

P.S. For those that have been following my adventure in Afghanistan, I haven't taken very many photos lately, so I apologize for not having another timely update. For those that don't have any idea what I am talking about, I invite you to check out what I've been doing for the last couple months

Update Number *One* From my Afghan Deployment

Update Number *Two* From my Afghan Deployment

Update Number *Three* From my Afghan Deployment

Update Number *Four* From my Afghan Deployment

04-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Congratulations!

I've always wondered about the 60-250 myself but the aperture turned me off. I guess I've always felt that if it would be perfect if it were 2.8. But that's just me. Whatever the case, the samples look very impressive.
04-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bravo. It is a fine lens and I think you will enjoy it.
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Nice catch on that 60-250, Heie. I bought most of my lenses before the "other" Pentax price increase- for example, I picked up the DA 12-24,new, for a little over $500. But like you said, it's the same for me, "a hobby that doesn't return any income". Fortunately I'm pretty well set for lenses, but I can't foresee ever affording anything new for a long, long time now.

Nice shots, careful over there!

04-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
P.S. For those that have been following my adventure in Afghanistan, I haven't taken very many photos lately, so I apologize for not having another timely update. For those that don't have any idea what I am talking about, I invite you to check out what I've been doing for the last couple months
Alex, assuming I have a clue about what you are doing there, you have nothing to apologize for. Thanks for the updates and post when you can the photos are great are great and keep being safe. Cliff