Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #331
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
True, which begs the question of why Pentax does 1 year in the US and more elsewhere when there just isn't that high a failure rate (other than SDM) in lenses.

In checking Amazon prices I see that they have broken ranks again with MSRP on the 50-135 by $300, along with another seller, but on everything else that I checked (4-5 other lenses) they are precisely at MSRP as I understand it along with Adorama, B&H, and most others. However, on Nikon lenses there is genuine fluctuation and price competition on lenses. Their 50/1.8 D model (taken because I bought one for my sister back a while ago) varies from $134 to $159 new from known camera sellers. Not a lot in $ value but that is a descent % variance.
Nikon may be more lax on their "value" lenses since they are a gateway LBA drug sort of like the free sample the crack dealer gives out.

I haven't seen much movement on the 17-55 2.8 or the 24-70 or any of the top lenses

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
change, da*, k-mount, lens, lens price, pentax, pentax lens, price, slr lens