Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #1

protective lens filter

I just received my Pentax 50-135 lens. I bought it just before the price craze. Anyway, I also ordered a Marumi lens protect filter but when I opened the container it was in I saw that the thin metal strip that holds the metal ring around the glass was broken, so when I picked it up the whole thing fell apart. It's easy enough to return it back to Amazon, but I'm unsure of ordering another one of that brand. Does anyone have that filter or any experience with that brand? The other lens protect filter is by Hoya. The B+W brand seems way over priced. Thanks for any input.

04-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I don't know about Marumi, I'm using Hoya UV and they good! Look at here for some more info: UV filters test - Introduction - Lenstip.com

Cheers!
04-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Good filters are not going to be that cheap though hoya hmc are not always horribly expensive depending on where you buy them. Be careful of counterfeits on ebay. Either get a cheaper one and plan on taking it off when shooting (it can serve as protection the rest of the time) or get a good one. Hoya hmc seem to be the most popular good one (maybe in part because they are more common). b&w are good so far as I know but like you said they can be pricey. I'm not familiar with Marumi.