Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Groucho - I like how you described Romania as an "unusual place to visit".

01-14-2008, 07:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ftpaddict: That it is, it doesn't usually come to mind to people here in the USA when thinking of places to honeymoon. It's also the only place I've been in Europe (yet!) People ask if we had relatives there - no, I just read about it and it sounded interesting, and that was that. I'm very glad we went I actually have long text descriptions written out for each photo (which basically makes it a complete trip report) but I have to re-add them, they were on an old site of mine.

Back on topic... I did order the lens from Abe's on Saturday. Sunday afternoon I got an email asking to call to "confirm" the order - no big surprise. Fully expecting a hard sell, I called back and it was fairly painless, they double-checked the address, asked if I needed any filters, I said "no", and that was that. So hopefully it'll ship today.

And no doubt, now that I've ordered it, Beach Camera will get it back in stock for cheaper.
01-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #18

ftpaddict
The 3 original limited lenses (31, 43 & 77) are considered by many as some of the finest lenses ever made.
Read this in Luminous Landscape
I have a 77mm and it is great, the 31mm is next on my LBA list
01-16-2008, 06:04 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you, jthielen, it was a very very interesting read.