Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
FA 43 limited got wet...

Hello,

Yesterday while shooting photos from car window, the photographer got nicely wet with spashed dirty water from the car going into opposite direction.
Everything was cleaned ASAP (including photographer), but i am still a little bit aftraid.

The water containted small particles of dirt - can the affect somehow mechanism?... also the stuff on the road is a little bit "greasy"
The water itself later was evaporated (if there was any) by means of warm air and silica inside of bags.

But... should I be afraid? - or not really?

04-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It really depends on how much there was. While dirt and sand is a camera's worst enemy, it probably wouldn't end up inside anything because of the water. The only thing to do is wait and see if any issues arrise with the lens...
04-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

As Adam indicated, the removal of any moisture is the most important by far. I would be much less worried about particles, especially considering the care taken to clean quickly the lens.

I had lenses completely wet and covered by mud. After an intiial and careful cleaning, the most important was to put away the lense and to dry it quickly. Prime lenses are typicaly much less sensitive to dirt than zoom lenses (the pumping action..).

Good luck with the lens but I would not be too worried since you already took good care of the gear...
04-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
not really

04-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
axl
Inactive Account

I used one of my 43s in snow and rain and it was perfectly ok. To be sure, I'd advise you to lock it in airtight container with some silica gel and leave it for a day or so, which you did so you should be fine.
04-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Just keep shooting with it and observe its performance. It might surprise you that everything about the lens is still alright.