Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Modifying this lens to fit pentax

This is the pentax k mount but presumably for ricoh based on the "R" in the engraving on the lens mount. It won't mount on my camera and I am wondering if it is the aperture lever shield that is blocking it from sitting flush on the camera mount? Can I cut this off maybe to the same shape as my DA 18-55 WR or some of my lenses don't have the aperture shield at all?
Then there is the ricoh pin, is that the Gold spot seen in between the contacts? This is my first ricoh experience so is the pin recessed normally then comes out when mounted on the camera or is this one of the ones that is not a promblem because it is not protruding?

here is a link to the lens with pictures hopefully it works easier than taking pics and uploading them myself:

TOKINA 28MM F2.8 MANUAL FOCUS LENS IN PENTAX K-AR MOUNT,/146587 | eBay

Last edited by littledrawe; 04-10-2012 at 06:51 PM.
04-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That is indeed a vastly-oversized lever guard. See if it's held on by 2 or 3 little screws. If so, just remove it, and save the parts in case you ever want to resell the lens. Otherwise you can trim it down.
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks RioRico, it came off and I took the ricoh pin out too. I've heard it was easy enough but never encountered it til now.

I followed this guide to get the pin out;

theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix

I found the link deep in the list of threads it pulled up so putting it here again to get it closer to the top for other noobs like myself to see