Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd love to have nothing but Pentax lenses, but I haven't always been able to afford them. Among my primes (not counting my long lenses), I've got 8 Pentax lenses and 1 Zenitar. But I'm almost the opposite when it comes to zoom lenses. There, I only have 3 Pentax lenses, while I have 3-Tokina, 1-Tamron, and 1-Vivitar zooms. For long lenses, I'm totally non-Pentax. I've got a 400mm Sigma and a 500mm Soligor mirror lens.

01-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I use only Pentax lenses. I seem to be rather a minority of those who post in this forum. Am I alone? Does anyone else among us eschew the use of other people's lenses? Am I crazy? Well, yes, but I won't admit it.
I sold my LX and Pentax lenses some time ago when starting my own business and had some cash flow issues. When the MZ-S came out and I built up my new Kit, I went with Sigma EX series lenses because they were more available and offerd the range I wanted.

Now that I have a K10D, with the 1.5X factor, I am back to Pentax Glass and have both the currently available DA* lenses. I am hoping to see an 11-16 DA* and also a macro lens in the 60-70mm range. If they become available I will buy both this year, but will keep my Sigma EX 100-300 f/4 for now. I don't use the longer glass as often but will eventually replace that with something in the DA* line. I am hoping for a 400 f/4 and would buy that and the 200 f/2.8 to complete my kit.

Cheers, Mike.
01-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
If your going to be comparing photo's between these 2 lenses I'd like to break out my OLD Sigma 28-84 lens for the comparison as well.
With everyones approval of course.

I could probably use a Sigma 28-70 f2.8 as well. It's still readily available, but I'd have to test drive it for the test.
I just looked at my original post, and it sounded sarcastic - I meant it honestly, and Stu seems to have taken it that way. It would be very interesting to take all these competitive lenses and do some comparison tests. Which one works best under which situation? Any ideas how we could do this? We are continents apart in many cases.
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #34

For me its all about what works. Doesn't matter the brand as long as it helps me takes good photos.