Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
SMC K 135mm 2.5 in need of repair

Hello, I recently aquired a K135mm 2.5 that turned-out to have an interesting problem. It won't mount(turn at all) on any Pentax camera I own. That is to say any DSLR or Film body. I checked the lens flange against other K lenses and it looks identical in every way, however on the horizontal plane it looks as though one of the three tangs that lock the lens into place is bent downward. Anyways, I was going to grab a pair of pliers to see if I couldn't unbend it a little, but I'm worried that the material could break in the process. And so I was wondering if anyone knew if a flange from another lens might fit on a K 135 2.5?

04-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you send a photo of hwo bad it looks, I think you should be able to bend it without breaking it, (this will depend on bent it is) just try not to bend it the other way.
04-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It sounds like the "K-Mount" itself is bent. Best send it off to Eric, the K135/2.5 is well worth the repair costs. The mounts should be the same for any K or M series lens, but your lens may have been dropped, so best get it CLAed.

Phil.
04-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You could also buy any crappy old k-mount lens and salvage a clean mount plate from it, do a quick exchange.

04-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
You could also buy any crappy old k-mount lens and salvage a clean mount plate from it, do a quick exchange.
The thing you need to watch doing this is that the connectors match (not all old K-mounts have all the connectors) And the screw location/quantity (some have 4 screw, some have 3 and not all in the same pattern)

I'd take Phil's Idea of sending it to get CLA'ed
04-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just get a Pentax made K mount manual lens, I think any one will do. They all should have the same flange, and it's very easy to change. Or you can take the flange off the lens, and try to straighten it w/ a plier or something, at least this won't damage other parts of the lens