Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #166
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
No you are trying to talk me into not buying any new pentax lenses. If I have the money and I can find a good deal, I'm not willing to do that. And why should I leave pentax? I'd spend a LOT more money replacing all my excellent legacy glass with any other brand. What would it cost me to replace a SMC 50mm f/1.2? I paid $250 for mine 5 yrs ago. How about a SMC 135 f/2.5? I paid $75 for that. A 35-105 f/3.5? I paid $100. I could go on but I'm sure you catch my meaning. Besides buying from Canada is no different than buying from Amazon, just that it costs at least 8.75% less. I'm not a regular body upgrader, I usually skip at least one upgrade cycle, and I'm not lusting after FF either. There is no reason to switch, whether I'm buying from Newark NJ or Newfoundland.

NaCl(I'm done here)H2O
No, I am suggesting not to pay MSRP on a new ANYTHING. You are merely deflecting all around that point. Legacy glass is a whole separate discussion.

04-19-2012, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #167
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The irony. One of the alleged reasons for the Ricoh boys to crack down forcing dealers to sell at MSRP was to protect the integrity of sales being made to people outside they U.S. Then we have a New Yorker who buys from Canada.
LOL...that was a great post

I can see the Canadian Government Jumping all over this:

"Canada - Come for the cheap meds...Stay for the cheap Pentax Lenses"
04-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #168
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
LOL...that was a great post

I can see the Canadian Government Jumping all over this:

More bus tours to Canada but this time for elderly Pentaxians that believe there is a plan.
04-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #169

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote

Thanks for the laugh!

04-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #170
Veteran Member

Wow, after reading this entire thread it occurs to me that I've never bought a new Pentax lens. I only have used ones (and not many of those). I've bought new Sigma, Tamron & Sony lenses, but I've never bought a new Pentax.

How weird.
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
you guys still don't comprehend Spatial geography.
Give me a break - I live in Australia, Blue. The population density in the US is positively crowded compared to here!
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Stop stirring the pot. You've already lost.

04-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #173
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Then stop bothering us and lecturing us. I doubt it as His Holiness Ned is hinting at ways to add value...interesting term that....to the lens lineup. Those hints are merely words at this stage, but economic pressure from his REAL customers might actually get his bosses to order some actual action.
04-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
"Lost"? Who's lost what? I didn't realise I was on one side or another. "Collateral damage" might be more appropriate. My referenced observation was concerned with comparative data, not team sports!
04-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #175
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
"Lost"? Who's lost what? I didn't realise I was on one side or another. "Collateral damage" might be more appropriate. My referenced observation was concerned with comparative data, not team sports!
Ignore him, he's drunk too deeply from the Koolaid.
04-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Then stop bothering us and lecturing us
Stop bothering all 5 of you? You're pissing off the entire Forum.
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #177
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
You never presented any comparative data on either spatial geography or population density nor city to city or metro area comparisons. However, we were discussing the distribution system of Pentax Imaging (aka Pentax U.S.A.) and not Australia. The requirement of the 2 would be different because of the spatial geography and location of population centers.
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #178
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Stop bothering all 5 of you? You're pissing off the entire Forum.
I'm very happy to know that you now speak for the "entire forum", thanks for letting the 5 of us know.

You know, your self-righteous and superior attitude is WAY old. You do NOT know everything, I DO NOT care who your brothers and sisters are or what they do for a living, and I really am tired of you spewing forth your Koolaid flavored Pollyanna attitude.
04-19-2012, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #179
Pentaxian

To quote the OP:

"I pledge not to buy a new Pentax branded lens until the new pricing policy is eliminated.

I will only buy new from other makers such as Sigma or Tamron.

If I do buy a Pentax branded lens it will only be used."

I think this thread does not make much sense.

Look.... costs of manufacture, marketing costs to do business, wages of employees, etc...go up. Every company has to deal with these issues, including Pentax-Ricoh.

I would rather Pentax-Ricoh continue to make equipment at the same high quality levels and pass on the extra costs, when necessary, than make cheaper products, in order to cut costs.

BTW, I a few days ago I ordered a new Pentax Limited lens.

This thread is a non issue.
04-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #180
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
To quote the OP:

"I pledge not to buy a new Pentax branded lens until the new pricing policy is eliminated.

I will only buy new from other makers such as Sigma or Tamron.

If I do buy a Pentax branded lens it will only be used."

I think this thread does not make much sense.

Look.... costs of manufacture, marketing costs to do business, wages of employees, etc...go up. Every company has to deal with these issues, including Pentax-Ricoh.

I would rather Pentax-Ricoh continue to make equipment at the same high quality levels and pass on the extra costs, when necessary, than make cheaper products, in order to cut costs.

BTW, I a few days ago I ordered a new Pentax Limited lens.

This thread is a non issue.
Thanks for your input. You're wrong but you're entitled to be wrong and have a say. BTW, coming into a thread like this and saying "BTW, I a few days ago I ordered a new Pentax Limited lens." is the functional equivalent of saying FU. Thanks.