Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by minahasa Quote
I do. She got the drybox ..and the house.
(I hope this isn't still too tender, but) -- Sounds like you got the better of her.

04-23-2012, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

I hate to say it, but the cure for LBA is to stop reading forums like this one. Go out and take some pictures. :-s
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
yep, and we can only unload them on sickies like you. ha ha ha. contact me i may have it..as in the cheap stuff no 85's or _X's in my stable.
hahah Agreed. I actually just acquired my first range finder at the bay, I guess that thing will satisfy my C.B.A. for a while. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Anyway if you have any vivitar 28mm 2.8 close focus or a Super program let me know (;
04-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
I hate to say it, but the cure for LBA is to stop reading forums like this one. Go out and take some pictures. :-s
I'm going to have to second that.

I've realized (as a hobbyist/enthusiast with arbitrary gear buying decisions based on personal interest and not on professional requirements) that whatever lens I have with me is the one I'm going to use. I've proven that even with the constraints of a fixed 200mm lens I can have a great day of shooting, in fact it's usually a better day because of the narrow parameters. Same with a 15mm. Or a zoom. Or my iPhone.

So, I'll second that again.

04-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Why not take up another hobby, such as golf? Then you can obsess over a different kind of equipment? Have you ever heard avid golfers discussing their drivers? They make photographers discussing lenses seem downright scintillating by comparison.

Seriously, you might pledge not to buy any lens that you will not use on a regular basis. Next comes the hard part--sticking to the pledge.

Rob

Last edited by robgo2; 04-28-2012 at 04:46 PM.
04-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #21
Site Supporter

You should meet a few serious archers....
Then again, my pitching wedge is a work of art too
04-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr_Canuck Quote
I've proven that even with the constraints of a fixed 200mm lens I can have a great day of shooting, in fact it's usually a better day because of the narrow parameters. Same with a 15mm. Or a zoom. Or my iPhone.
And that's part of my LOTD (lens of the day) rationale -- using just one lens for a day or ten make me think and see within limitations, forcing a bit of creativity.

A favorite for that is an M42 Argus-Chinon (Cosina?) 300/5.6 mounted on a no-infinity-focus M42-PK adapter. I must LOOK in just a 3-degree-wide zone from 2m to 150m. And I see stuff I wouldn't notice otherwise, because I'm *forced* to work in only that zone.

Or take today. I put my Raynox DCR-250 and a +2 dioptre closeup glass on my M42 Bellowscope, giving a VERY soft 100/2.8 optic (no stopping-down). And I shot in glaring desert sunlight. So I had to LOOK for subjects that work with that softness. Not easy.

Tomorrow I think I'll wander through Ye Olde Bisbee Arizona (vertiginous mining town) with just a 127/3.5 projector lens. Again, no stopping-down. Just one camera, one lens, one focal length, one f-stop, and me, trying to find worthy targets. Look out, Bisbee!
04-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I'm feeling like ladies in front of her wardrobe, trying to find the appropriate dress... It takes hours...

04-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #24
Veteran Member

My Pentax LBA is gone..... now have Nikkor LBA!
04-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Single in May
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcamero Quote
I've got it BAD. How do I overcome it? Support group? Medication? Point and shoot? When is enough, enough?
Buy a snowmobile. That'll consume some excess funds. It will get you out into new unique places to use the lenses you've acquired which will likely lust for the perfect lens for those new unique places.
04-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Earn more money or save more. That way you don't need to worry about LBA.
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Earn more money or save more. That way you don't need to worry about LBA.
Work too much, and you won't have time for photography. Save too much, and all the good deals pass by. What a predicament!