Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

PK Toy Lenses and Oddments

On another thread [ https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/183420-current...me-lenses.html ] I assembled this list of toy and odd PK lenses currently in production.

From Loreo in PK mount are:

* Loreo 3D Lens-In-A-Cap
* Loreo 3D Macro Lens-In-A-Cap
* Loreo 35/5.6-64 Lens-In-A-Cap (for dust-free near-pinhole at f/64 -- I might get one)
* Loreo 35/11-22 PC Lens-In-A-Cap (perspective-control shift lens -- I have this one with me)

From PinholeEdun are pinhole and zone-plate 'optics' in PK, M42, Pentax 645 and 67 mounts. NOTE: I hate my PK PinholeEdun, the dust monster.

From Holga in PK mount are:

* Holga 60/8 Lens - HL-P (I'm tempted)
* Holga ~45/180 pinhole lens - HPL-P

And my curiosity is piqued. I wonder what else may be out there? Holga for PK, yes, but not Diana for PK. Lensbabies, sure, but they're too expensive to be toys. Does anyone here know of other 'oddments' that we pervs may like? Any other (and cheaper) zone-plates? Any other makers of optics within body caps? Soft-focus crud? I'm not asking about optical adapters or filters, but PK-mount stuff that 'serious' toggers may sneer at if they even notice it. What are the cheap unknowns?

04-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
On another thread [ https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/183420-current...me-lenses.html ] I assembled this list of toy and odd PK lenses currently in production.

From Loreo in PK mount are:

* Loreo 3D Lens-In-A-Cap
* Loreo 3D Macro Lens-In-A-Cap
* Loreo 35/5.6-64 Lens-In-A-Cap (for dust-free near-pinhole at f/64 -- I might get one)
* Loreo 35/11-22 PC Lens-In-A-Cap (perspective-control shift lens -- I have this one with me)

From PinholeEdun are pinhole and zone-plate 'optics' in PK, M42, Pentax 645 and 67 mounts. NOTE: I hate my PK PinholeEdun, the dust monster.

From Holga in PK mount are:

* Holga 60/8 Lens - HL-P (I'm tempted)
* Holga ~45/180 pinhole lens - HPL-P

And my curiosity is piqued. I wonder what else may be out there? Holga for PK, yes, but not Diana for PK. Lensbabies, sure, but they're too expensive to be toys. Does anyone here know of other 'oddments' that we pervs may like? Any other (and cheaper) zone-plates? Any other makers of optics within body caps? Soft-focus crud? I'm not asking about optical adapters or filters, but PK-mount stuff that 'serious' toggers may sneer at if they even notice it. What are the cheap unknowns?
Rico...I think you have finally hit rock bottom. Time for a little intervention perhaps?

Steve
04-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Rico...I think you have finally hit rock bottom. Time for a little intervention perhaps?
For me, intervention means a few more lenses. Preferably weird and cheap.

This is nothing new for me. The Loreo PC (shift) and PinholeEdun were among the first 'lenses' I got for my K20D. I went with a dSLR not just for fisheye + superzoom + low light, but to hang whatever on the camera. And I was putting odd optics on bellows back in 1975, about the time I built a computer out of NE-2A neon bulbs. Oh yeah, 90vdc switching circuits. Weird cheap lenses are safer.
04-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As the proud owner of a K-x with a digital Toy Camera filter,
I am happy to say that I don't need to mess with this stuff!