Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
My DA55-300 (OK, it's another league) did spend its first two years in the cupboard. I never considered selling it and at occasion it comes in handy.
exactly! Myself, I don't shoot bird, or anything like that. I mostly use the camera on my kids. But in occasion like wanting to shoot the moon, hiking shots (which I do like 1 every year...) I would ask myself why wouldn't own a lens foucsing length longer than 50mm.....

04-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Original Poster
She is up For Sale

I have made an Ad up and put it in the For Sale Forums for those that might be interested.
04-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #33
Veteran Member

@jfischer - Good luck on the sale...
05-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #34
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Any lookers

Well,I put the lens up For Sale in the forums here, and have not even got any questions or such on it, any interested?
Is the price wrong, or just no desire for the lens.
Kind of makes me wonder now.
Jeff

05-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #35
Veteran Member

The marketplace viewers can be very fickle sometimes, I myself have gone back and forth, looked 2, 3, 4 or more times before raising my hand to ask a question or throw an offer down. Some of those items have tons of views before anything happens.
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thought about a price drop Sale

I was thinking of knocking some dollars off on what I am asking for a certain amount of time, (just to see who really might be interested in the lens) I will put it from a certain time (hour to hour, or day to day, then if it doesn't sell put it back at the price I am asking.)

I would just like to see the lens get some use, and a good home.
05-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I wouldn't worry too much. High priced items take a while to sell. This is a dream lens of a lot of forum members, and it will sell eventually. They are already going to negotiate with you via PM, just keep bumping it periodically and remain patient.

05-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #38
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Like to see it move while it is still in "new" condition

I understand that, I guess I would just like to see it go to a good home while it is still in "New" condition. I would think that the warranty could be transferred, and has a lot on it.. The longer it just sits around, the less time it would have on it. None has been sent in on it as of this time.

It is a great lens, just not going to see any use for what I bought it for now, and I have some other lens (not as good of quality) that could fill the void if I got the bug to take anything, but I just don't see that happening right now.

Heck I even have a FULL Cannon setup that needs to get sold. I have a ton of lens, and stuff for it, but it is an older body, but sure someone could use the rest that is with it.
Jeff

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I wouldn't worry too much. High priced items take a while to sell. This is a dream lens of a lot of forum members, and it will sell eventually. They are already going to negotiate with you via PM, just keep bumping it periodically and remain patient.
05-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #39
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Lens will go On Sale

I am going to put a SALE on this lens in the next week. I have it listed in the For Sale on here, but am not getting a lot of action, and would like to see this lens get in someones hands that can get some use out of it, and back in action.

The more time it sits, the less time will be left on the warranty, so I want it to move

WHAT would be a good day, or days for people that might be interested to be around and get a chance to buy the lens.

Would like to get an idea if the weekend, or during the week might be the best.
Jeff
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jfischer Quote
I am going to put a SALE on this lens in the next week. I have it listed in the For Sale on here, but am not getting a lot of action, and would like to see this lens get in someones hands that can get some use out of it, and back in action.

The more time it sits, the less time will be left on the warranty, so I want it to move

WHAT would be a good day, or days for people that might be interested to be around and get a chance to buy the lens.

Would like to get an idea if the weekend, or during the week might be the best.
Jeff

put it on Fleabay at the same time too, maybe Craigslist?! Altought I rarely buy lens on Craiglist.
05-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #41
Inactive Account

Original Poster
What would be a good day, or days to sale

I have 100% on Fleabay, with over 300 things bought and sold, but have not sold anything this last year. I refuse to pay them all the fees they have come up with, then the PayPal (of which they own also). Would rather go with Craiglist, but know people on here know what they are getting, and you wouldn't get a thousand dumb questions about it.

I am just looking to see what might be a good day to put it on a sale, with a good deal for all. Maybe start a new thread, as many have looked at this thread, but would rather keep it here, so it doesn't junk the forums up asking things about the same lens.
Jeff

QuoteOriginally posted by tcbubbleleo Quote
put it on Fleabay at the same time too, maybe Craigslist?! Altought I rarely buy lens on Craiglist.
05-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have come to this late, but I would keep the lens. Plenty of earlier posts have detailed why.
Try using it for the "one lens for the month" challenge to teach yourself what you can do with it.
05-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Honestly I think you are right to sell it. I found something that goes to 300mm with the same bottom end, though it might compromise on quality and would likely be a worthless variable aperture or super expensive, is WAY more useful for wildlife or far away things. I basically never use my 70-210mm F4 on my APSC sensor dslr's because its simply too damn narrow a view for close, yet not enough zoom to see far away. It only cost me $125 shipped in like new condition and its great on a full frame film camera though so I keep it for those, or perhaps a Pentax FF DSLR in my future.