Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
??Tou/Five Star MC Auto Macro Zoom 200mm 4.0

just purchased this odd lens..Tou/Five Star MC Auto Macro Zoom 200mm 4.0 with 'a' setting....
clean according to seller.... never had seen this before... anyone had any dealings with this
creature ???
was relatively cheap... 40 bucks, which included free shipping.... hey, it cost me less than filling
up my hyundai santa fe....
dave m..

04-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Is this the one?
Tou / Five Star 75-200mm f4.5 Macro Zoom Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
nah... the one i'm getting is a prime... perhaps somewhat similar to the pentax 200mm f4... which i wasn't crazy about.... sold it awhile back...
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
04-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi dcm
I have a Magnon and one time searched to find Tou FiveStar Ozunon & Magnon are all the same lens.
Probably from the 1980's
A similar brand is Makinon . I have a Makinon 200/4.5 and I compared with my SMC Pentax 1:4/200 ( 58 mm filter thread)
and the Makinon has definitely worse corner sharpness than the SMC

I was using the Makinon today at the ice skating rink (or rather, trying to...)