Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hmm didn't see that thread, A miniscule amount of play is expected in next to any product with moving components. If I put either of my lens's under extremely close examination I can see the ever so slightest amount of play. But golly I have no lens new or old that has a smaller "wobble" than the ltd they are just built with such precision. (I have the Fa 77 [silver] SN: 0019xxx & Fa 31 [silver] SN: 0019xxx)

04-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
hmm didn't see that thread, A miniscule amount of play is expected in next to any product with moving components. If I put either of my lens's under extremely close examination I can see the ever so slightest amount of play. But golly I have no lens new or old that has a smaller "wobble" than the ltd they are just built with such precision. (I have the Fa 77 [silver] SN: 0019xxx & Fa 31 [silver] SN: 0019xxx)
Does your FA31's hood wobble just a bit?
04-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chesebert Quote
Does your FA31's hood wobble just a bit?
Not the hood, atleast as far as I can tell. But there is a very tiny amount of tolerance in the aperture ring back and forth along the lens (not around).
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It's the colour - that simple. The optics and the mechanics are identical, but the silver version is made in smaller numbers than the black, and so it is priced higher. Mine is the silver version, which I bought at a reasonable price from a Forum member, simply to match my silver FA77.
And I thought that the silver versions have an extra dose of pixie dust.

Rob