Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
different strokes...

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Personally I have not seen difference between my FA35 & FA31, even though later is like a cult. FA77 is a different story though.
I'm not a big fan of the FA 35mm. In fact I prefer the DA 35mm f/2.4 to the FA 35mm f/2.0. And the FA 31mm ltd is wayyyyy above the other two. The FA 35 especially has less than stellar bokeh and little to no character. It's sharp enough but for me anyway, sharpness isn't everything.

NaCl(the FA 35 is OK but only OK)H2O

05-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
In the photo that I posted above, I do not see any such effect in the highlights on the shirt or the rug. Granted, they are not sparkly bright lights, but they still look very smooth. I have used the FA43 a great deal over the past year, and I have not encountered any unpleasant bokeh at f2.8 and above, including in pictures of running water. Even at f1.9, the background is usually quite acceptable, unless it is very busy.

Rob
In that photo you wont see such the effect because there is no highlights on it.
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #33
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
In that photo you wont see such the effect because there is no highlights on it.

Off topic: Simon I noticed that you have struck thru some nice lenses in your signature. You have kept the 55 and 77. Do you find there is enough difference in FOV to keep both? I have thought of getting the 55 but have felt I would need to sell the 77. I have a feeling one would not get used. I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter 55 v. 77 v. both. I love your shots you have posted here in the forum from the 55 and the 77 (as well as the 43). I always have to factor in my skill deficiencies prior to developing my LBA towards a new lens. The 55 's images look stellar.

Mark